New Profile Posts

1. Gary Osborne
    Gary Osborne Luckyphil
    Hi Mate. looking for a safety certificate for my T3 . has a poptop and has been shipped from Vic. need NSW blue slip. Regards GARY
    1. Luckyphil
      Luckyphil
      Where do you live Gary
      May 27, 2018 at 5:18 PM
    2. Gary Osborne
      Gary Osborne
      I live at Norah head Phil!
      May 28, 2018 at 5:47 AM
  2. lachie
    lachie nils
    hey Nils- saw the printed parts for breathing life into the 72-74 indicator switch as posted by Kai.
    have you made some of these and can I get hold of one please.
    regards Lach.
    1. nils
      nils
      May 26, 2018 at 1:52 PM
  3. Wattie
    Wattie JaneC
    OOPS, Meet at Balranald is also OK.
  4. Wattie
    Wattie JaneC
    Hi Jane,
    Re: Mungo Trip, I don't do anything without a glitch ! at the moment I am undergoing a major rebuild in the tooth department including a new denture ! should be finished 3rd week in June, even if I have to resort to porridge, soup or egg slurry !!
    When the time is right we don't might meeting up at Wilcannia as we always seem to travel in circles.
    Let us know when you're thinking of heading off.
  5. Beau
    Beau syncro
    Hi Phil
    I've done a bit of research on syncro cooling system and noticed in a few occasions, you are saying: "Why not just replace the hoses that generally fail ..."
    Which ones are the generally failing ones?
    I'm swapping my nylon pipes with SS ones and while at it, I would like to also replace "the generally failing rubber hoses" and just carry spares with me.
    Thanks
    Beau
    1. syncro
      syncro
      There are the small ones near the oil cooler that are hard to change. The hoses from the engine to the nylon pipes. Sometimes you have to be careful that you don't remove a good quality hose and replace it with a cheap one that only lasts 12 months. Buy German if you can.
      May 9, 2018
    2. Beau
      Beau
      Thanks mate. Exactly my thoughts - don't replace good with "new" bad quality ones. Cheers
      May 9, 2018
  6. 1975 Westfalia
    1975 Westfalia
    I'm back! Did you miss me?
    1. melissa likes this.
    2. melissa
      melissa
      Good to see you back Ruth!!
      May 4, 2018
  7. onetrackwonder
    onetrackwonder
    2007 T5 Daily, 76 Bay Camper and 66 beetle resto underway in the shed
  8. kombi-man
    kombi-man 1500king
    G'day Andrew,
    Sorry you haven't seen me on KC for a while, but I keep checking in from time to time. I have a friend (Daniel) here at work who is buying a Type 3 Square back and he is looking for someone to give it a once over before he drive it back here to Canberra, just wondering if it ok if I pass on your details to him??

Cheers
    Carl
    1. 1500king
      1500king
      Sure, no worries. :)
      May 18, 2018
  9. pommes
    pommes nils
    Hello mate

Been reading the feed in rear brake upgrade to disk brakeson my syncro.

Do you do the kits for this??

Any info greatly appreciated

Thx
    1. nils
      nils
      Hi mate, you're the 4th person this week to ask about these.
      The answer is, in the short term no.
      I have one of Marks kits here that I can copy, but I am not super happy with the way it fits so would be making some improvements before going ahead selling some.
      I have 2 front kits that I am working on right now for customers and that is taking precedent.
      Apr 25, 2018
    2. pommes
      pommes
      Ok mate

No worries

Let me know if you end up making a batch up.

Thx
      Apr 25, 2018
  10. Mitchell Stark
    Mitchell Stark
    Can’t wait for my new Kombi pity I sold my 63 as the old ones are worth more than the new ones!!!
  11. greenie
    greenie
    Once a VW owner - Always a VW owner
  12. Roy
    Roy melissa
    All done
  13. Diy89
    Diy89 syncro
    Hi Phil....wondering if your home this Thursday 12th - mid morning say 10.30.
    I'll call in pick up and pay for the folding bike if your home.

Can I get your home address?

Cheers
    Jim Sebbens 0447573894
  14. Jacko
    Jacko
    It was our first Kombi rally and we came home with the biggest smiles on our faces. Can’t wait till next year in Mallacoota
  15. onetrackwonder
  16. Trish Bramley
    Trish Bramley
    DOKA 91 our dual cab ute
  17. Trish Bramley
    Trish Bramley
    Hello everyone we live at Ballina and looking forward to joining you tomorrow
  18. KristianBramley
    KristianBramley
    Hello to everyone, We live on the border just down the road from Stanthorpe. Looking forwards to joining in on activities.
  19. Campervanstu
    Campervanstu
    1976 2 litre Kombi aka “Terry”
  20. Craig McDonald
    Craig McDonald
    So many ideas but not enough money.