New Profile Posts

1. Carolyn Sickerdick
  2. DAX78
    DAX78
    Looking to adopt a new Kombi project
  3. Jako
    Jako
    Sunny days in WA... been in the van today, coffee at the beach with my three year old. My 76 bus just makes us happy.
  4. mamv
    mamv 1975 Westfalia
    G'day Ruth, how's the paint job coming along? Still in the hills?
  5. Gordon D
    Gordon D
    Discovering the joy of engine/gearbox investigations so thought a profile pic of the "cave exploration" was worth it :)
  6. Searl'e
    Searl'e gordo 77DC
    Searl'e Hi Gordo
    David H suggested I contact you. Need a H/Back passenger seat to match my H/Back drivers seat. David said you may have some backs he gave you some time ago, do you still have one thats up for grabs? So I can do a conversion.
    Cheerz
    John.
  7. Searl'e
    Searl'e gordo 77DC
    Hi Gordo
    David H suggested I contact you. Need a H/Back passenger seat to match my H/Back drivers seat. David said you may have some backs he gave you, do you still have one thats up for grabs? So I can do a conversion.
    Cheerz
    John.
  8. Chris Williams
    Chris Williams 1500king
    Hi, I was advised to get in contact with you regarding my carby re-build.
    The numbers i have on my carbies are : VW 445-1 / 9033 on one, and 3213 or 32-3 on the other.
    I am not sure if I need the thermo cut-off valve and the hot idle valve.
    When I try to blow air through any of the orifices associated with these devices, they appear to be blocked?
    I have a 1976 2.0 Litre Manual Kombi.
    Hope you can help. Thanks.
    1. 1500king likes this.
  9. PhilB
    PhilB
    The Dame
  10. Krispy
    Krispy joel268
    Hi Joel. Just saw your thread from 2007 about the Subaru conversion. Just wondering what you ended up doing. Did you go ahead with the Subaru motor??
    Cheers, Kris.
  11. PhilB
    PhilB
    New addition 95% restored
  12. chris taylor
    chris taylor
    Wattie yes will be there about 1.30 Geoff. will be leaving here about *am
  13. Wattie
    Wattie chris taylor
    See you tomorrow (Sat 02/06) Chris ?
  14. Gary Osborne
    Gary Osborne Luckyphil
    Hi Mate. looking for a safety certificate for my T3 . has a poptop and has been shipped from Vic. need NSW blue slip. Regards GARY
    1. Luckyphil
      Luckyphil
      Where do you live Gary
      May 27, 2018
    2. Gary Osborne
      Gary Osborne
      I live at Norah head Phil!
      May 28, 2018
  15. lachie
    lachie nils
    hey Nils- saw the printed parts for breathing life into the 72-74 indicator switch as posted by Kai.
    have you made some of these and can I get hold of one please.
    regards Lach.
    1. nils
      nils
      May 26, 2018
    2. lachie
      lachie
      either way Nils-
      I'm happy to wait a couple of weeks - or whatever suits you best. regards lach
      May 28, 2018
    3. nils
      nils
      Righto, ill be in touch when they get here
      May 29, 2018
  16. Wattie
    Wattie JaneC
    OOPS, Meet at Balranald is also OK.
  17. Wattie
    Wattie JaneC
    Hi Jane,
    Re: Mungo Trip, I don't do anything without a glitch ! at the moment I am undergoing a major rebuild in the tooth department including a new denture ! should be finished 3rd week in June, even if I have to resort to porridge, soup or egg slurry !!
    When the time is right we don't might meeting up at Wilcannia as we always seem to travel in circles.
    Let us know when you're thinking of heading off.
  18. Beau
    Beau syncro
    Hi Phil
    I've done a bit of research on syncro cooling system and noticed in a few occasions, you are saying: "Why not just replace the hoses that generally fail ..."
    Which ones are the generally failing ones?
    I'm swapping my nylon pipes with SS ones and while at it, I would like to also replace "the generally failing rubber hoses" and just carry spares with me.
    Thanks
    Beau
    1. syncro
      syncro
      There are the small ones near the oil cooler that are hard to change. The hoses from the engine to the nylon pipes. Sometimes you have to be careful that you don't remove a good quality hose and replace it with a cheap one that only lasts 12 months. Buy German if you can.
      May 9, 2018
    2. Beau
      Beau
      Thanks mate. Exactly my thoughts - don't replace good with "new" bad quality ones. Cheers
      May 9, 2018
  19. 1975 Westfalia
    1975 Westfalia
    I'm back! Did you miss me?
    1. melissa likes this.
    2. melissa
      melissa
      Good to see you back Ruth!!
      May 4, 2018
  20. onetrackwonder
    onetrackwonder
    2007 T5 Daily, 76 Bay Camper and 66 beetle resto underway in the shed