Yes, sure do.
Just forgot to mention it.
I spent hours fishoiling it from every direction on the hoist.
I blast it in every hole until it is running...
Well OK, thanks Wirrah.
I'll pass this on to the owner for the record.
Old rims were too rusty to reuse so used some of my spares.
Fresh silver paint and new 6 ply tyres.
Still have a lot of fiddly things to do....
We put the glass in this morning except for new windscreen arriving next Wednesday.
Put in engine and gearbox this afternoon.
It's taking shape.
New shockies and steering damper as they were all stuffed.
Bolts and sleeves seized at both ends, but no match for an ozy torch to heat and release....
Old cracked wheel repaired and painted 2 pac black.
Forgot before shots of the untidy rusty 16oo engine.
Wasn't really part of the brief but couldn't bear to reinstall it the way it was.
Front and rear bumpers were rough and untidy.
Budget restraints prevented new ones so a bit of TLC went into each.
Had to make sections to repair...
My way of getting the roof back on.
100 or so rivets to replace :(
Final coat on.
That should keep it warm for winter :)
Thanks, its been a challenge all right.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
Your Kombi body looks great by comparison.
Just pick on...
Top coat getting closer
The dash was rusty around the front, so section cut, folded and welded in.
The interior floor wasn't great but we patched it and used Dulux 2 pac Durebild to coat it.
I use this a lot on chassis etc.
Separate names with a comma.