Thread: VW Kombi Van prices

Default VW Kombi Van prices

Hello, I am looking at selling this VW and have no idea what it is worth. It is running and registered....any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Not much rust, and all the fridge, stove etc etc works fine......

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Sasha, welcome....

I am always reluctant to give an opinion on price, as I have seen many great kombis go for a fraction of their value, and many dud ones end up in a bidding war and sell for high prices... It depends not only on engine, mechanicals, body (esp rust), year and accessories but also demand, buyer whim, location, luck.... it is especially hard to guess a value with little info, and only a small pic...

Assuming your camper is in good (but unrestored) condition, you could expect to sell it for anywhere from $1500 to $8000 ... maybe more, maybe less.... the best way to sell it if uncertain would be to list it on an auction site, with a starting bid (or reserve price) that is the *minimum* you would be satisfied with... but the bidders there will also likely request more info and pix...

Good luck!
    ...Woz
    1972 1800cc T2a poptop camper - "Woger the Jolly Piwate"

and also two kombi panel vans with windows - we love campers
    Please check out our Victoria "Team Kombi" Coming Events - all welcome ~ vis unita fortior
    Also check out the maps of recommended kombi mechanics and recommended kombi camping sites

I am the proud owner of one of the least impressive kombis you will see! But mine is at least reliable and has done tens of thousands of kms without major problems.
    |_o o_|
    To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

Oh thanks for that, it took me forever to add that photo! I will definitely take more inside and out though and find out all about the specifics of the combi.....

You can insert higher-resolution images into your posts by opening a free account at photobucket.com ... you can then upload your pix there, and then copy the "[IMG]" tags from under the pix and paste into your post...

Full instructions here:
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=11446

Have fun!
    ...Woz

Please check out our Victoria "Team Kombi" Coming Events - all welcome ~ vis unita fortior
    Also check out the maps of recommended kombi mechanics and recommended kombi camping sites

I am the proud owner of one of the least impressive kombis you will see! But mine is at least reliable and has done tens of thousands of kms without major problems.
    |_o o_|

You the man Woz.

A couple of other things to be aware of is that the phrase "It is only worth what someone is willing to pay"applies and Kombi's seem to pick their owners or new owners so you never know how quick or long the sale may take.
    Let me out when I call my name, IGOR is ALIVE
    Still known as Bert

Does anyone know of any good auction sites? Ta

eBay is the most popular... I wouldn't necessarily say it is good, though...
    ...Woz

|_o o_|

Hey Sasha, I just sent you a PM (Private Message, top right corner) with some tips ...
    ...Woz

|_o o_|