Thread: Porsche Cayenne VS VW T5 Van - Check the stright line speed comparison!

Default Porsche Cayenne VS VW T5 Van - Check the stright line speed comparison!

Check out this you tube video to a German Top Gear type show which has the T5 Multivan up against a Porsche Cayenne contraption.

Watch the stright line speed comparison - amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nI-P...eature=related

Get your translation skills out!
    Scott, Mel, Allanah & Sienna

Gus - 1988 T3 Syncro Caravelle Camper
    Ebony - 1999 Black Golf GLE 1.8 20V
    Beryl - 1971 Deluxe 9 seater - Now SOLD to a local Pastor (in Gods hands now)

Narellans Home - But would prefer the open road

The engine is back where it belongs. In the rear.
    Nath.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eddie the Big "Burnt" Orange Bus - A 1975 2ltr Microbus - Now with less Redneck
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is Life & there is everything before Owning a VW!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubman68 View Post
    The engine is back where it belongs. In the rear.
    & a Porsche engine at that !!
    Cheers,
    Mark....

Pit crew for Herman - the white lowlight
    & The Tardis, a '76 Sopru

"It's not an oil leak, it's sweat from all of the horse power!"
    - Anonymous

That's awesome!! I love t5's but the money I would spend on one would get me a nice bay or split

Narellans Home - But would prefer the open road

I've been looking at T5's all day at work, not the prettiest car in the VW lot, but wouldn't knock one back either especially if it had a GT2 motor in the boot.
    Nath.
    Eddie the Big "Burnt" Orange Bus - A 1975 2ltr Microbus - Now with less Redneck
    There is Life & there is everything before Owning a VW!

Guys, your hearing aids need an oil change. I could hear the guy loud and clear...I had no probs to understand him. What's your problem?

Mike

PS: I certainly would accept the T5 as a present, I certainly would not spend 150 grand on a car. I might be mad but I am not crazy. I would flog it off to the next best buyer and get myself a nice T3 with a set of new tyres and Bilstein B4 shocks...maybe a lick of new paint....and a rebuild gearbox....and a rebuild engine....and new suspension rubbers and, and, and. Did I mention a new wind screen?

One of my bosses drives a Cayenne - I have moved it in the car park at work but thats it. They look just like a lot of other mum taxi's on the road, which is what this one is - might have leather seats but it still has a booster seat in the back and McDonalds wrapper on the floor. Not sure how she still has her licence though...

I haven't driven a T5 yet.
    62 Splitty "Little Red" 75 Deluxe Bay...now the daily drive 2004 Touareg "Reggie" 1997 Mk3 Golf.

"A few seats short of a Microbus!" - Quote: Syncro, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by melissa View Post
    You need one to complete the set.

up until i got my samba i had a t5 caravelle 130bhp.........very nice drive with heated seats etc.......sold it to fund my coming restoration of my samba....miss it but my wife owns a t4 caravelle......i prefer my samba any day.
    just love it
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by melissa View Post
    One of my bosses drives a Cayenne - I have moved it in the car park at work but thats it. They look just like a lot of other mum taxi's on the road, which is what this one is - might have leather seats but it still has a booster seat in the back and McDonalds wrapper on the floor. Not sure how she still has her licence though...

2001 t4 caravelle,2006 t5 caravelle,1961 23 window DMB,1965 vespa 150 sprint,1965 vespa ss180,1968 vespa ss90,1977 vespa rally 200 electronic,1961 vespa gs 150 vs5,2009 vespa gts300,2006 vespa gt60,
    would love a nice porsche 356 too