1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/4 windows

Discussion in 'Body' started by andrewjdriscoll, Nov 28, 2017.

1. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

Hello to all,

I am looking at replacing the 1/4 light frame and glass, centre and rear side windows, in my '72 Microbus. I'm wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the following; Justkampers, Wolfsburg West product, $330. Busstop, German, $632. Conversely, if anyone considers there is abetter way to go, I'd like to hear their thoughts.
    thanks in advance,
    AJD

2. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

Most Wolfs West stuff is very good.

3. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I couldn't imagine to many manufactures making them and are all from one. I could be wrong. I would X 2 twincabay comment above:rolleyes: . Check before buying if there complete with rubber.I thought I seen once that they where selling with out the rubber. Some have chrome surround and others have black surround on the metal window frame.

4. andrewjdriscoll

Thanks gents.

5. Hi Andrew, I installed 3 flipper quarter windows in my '76 Sopru a couple of months ago to replace the grill vents that were there originally. I purchased the Wolfsburg West Windows and they came without rubbers. A couple of window guys didn't know how to put them in and then I got hold of a fellow who could do the job. The only condition was that I had to transfer my rubbers from the quarter windows that were in place for the new ones.
    Overall they look good, but not a perfect fit and some massaging was required to get a good fit. They are in and do not leak so I'm happy with that.
    If you do decide to go for some new ones, I had to disassemble the frame, fit the rubber and then reassemble with a small self tapper.
    Good Luck
    Craig

David H likes this.
  6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Andrew, I bought the ones from Roy/Bus Stop.
    They come complete and do not require any additional parts, rubbers.
    I also replace the inner n outer scrapers on each door at the same time....figured that I might as well do the lot !
    It’s a time consuming job but not that hard really....just gotta be patient and go slowly,carefully.
    (Roy’s flippers are stamped VW too....:cool:)
    Cheers,
    Mark

7. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I've got plenty of spare glass Andrew if you want it:) & rubbers. Just no frames:(.
    Cheers

8. andrewjdriscoll

Thank you for your replies.

AJD