Yesterday morning driving to work had a fuel hose come away from carb.. Had a strong petrol smell then in seconds loud explosion.. Turned of engine looked in rear mirror to see flames obscuring the rear view. Grabbed 1 kg powder extinguisher. And went to the back.. It was well lit..flames comming from under the engine also out of the wheel arches. The little extinguisher did its best. It ran out leaving a few spot fires about. Wiring still smoldering.. A fellow behind me jumped out of his truck and grabbed his fire extinguisher and came to finish the last few flames .. He then asked if im ok?? Its my daily driver..cant afford to lose it.. We laugh and push it out of Hume Hwy. I call my boss to let him know. No show today. Got the little bug back home several hours later.. And in the sunshine.. I washed the extinguisher powder out of it . Its not too bad. All the wiring is gone. Fuel lines non existent. So pondering whether its a good excuse to pull it out and go over it.. Tighten the heads . degrease. Check clutch and throwout...oil change. Valve clearance. Just have a look around the tinware . While its out do the rewiring in the engine bay.then put it back in. Issue.. Its my only car. Need it for work. So the lesson is. Check fuel lines on regular basis.