1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1967 13 window walkthrough Deluxe

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by DakDak67, May 12, 2014.

1. cruzr944

cruzr944 Active Member

Hey Chris if you could do that every month to a different split youd be a seriously rich man , al be it very tired,
    Nice job
    Glen

2. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

Shit Chris,
    You smashed that now I am way behind,we don't get back until the 19th June and then I will be in full catchup mode IE finish building 4inch beam, IRS rear end, motor and trans, safaris and side glass, rego, some trim and shake down before Valla.

Bloody holidays always get in the way.

Viva La France

Cheers Ian

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  3. DakDak67

DakDak67 Well-Known Member

Cheers lads, this isn't something I'd be too keen on month in month out, and my tolerant neighbours might not be so tolerant! . I'm doing the rhs 1/4 after Valla and a heap of front end work so it's about 70% done..

Now time to seam seal and block sand, think I'll hire an air block sander, air tools .. Hell yeah!!

4. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I have a random orbital air sander Chris. You can have it next time we meet up if that helps.

5. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Excrement a brick, I need to pull my finger out....

6. DakDak67

Ready for high fill and some serious elbow grease..

[​IMG]

7. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Looking very good there Chris,

You'll be done in no time

8. DakDak67

Thanks buddy, It's driving me pretty crazy as the more I do ,the straighter I want to get it.. truth is, this car has been about and is far from Arrow straight. I'll have to be happy with rust free over show quality panel work. Built to use , that's the target.

9. baysidekombi

baysidekombi Member

looking good. I'm sure you'll make Valla. That was our motivation too. Unfortunately Doughy won't make it to Valla (we're going for the weekend though) - all the little things take so long and we're waiting for the electrician to come back next week. We started Doughy's motor last weekend for the first time - so exciting!!!!! He's off to the Engineer for rego for the fisrt time in years! Reborn! To get the panels straight, someone said to me recently, use a light to reflect a shaddow of a straight line (metal pole) onto the panels - the shaddow curving means that area needs working on.... if that makes sense.

10. DakDak67

Cheers mate, yeah I'll be at Valla, I'm at the stage i wanted to be at which is Epoxy primer. It's rough and ready to roll.. :).

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  11. DakDak67

Bus finished three weeks early, couldn't help getting another project.. this bad fatty should be on the road by Valla.. just not going to Valla :(

[​IMG]

12. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Some people are just a glutton for punishment :lol:

Good on you for getting the split ready ahead of schedule -

13. DakDak67

Cheers buddy, I'm still pretty motivated to keep on building something so why stop eh? :)

14. DakDak67

Saved a bunch of cash on the Bus build so I treated myself... ohhhhhhhh Red nine.............
    Nearly ready to roll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. cruzr944

cruzr944 Active Member

Looks awesome

16. DakDak67

It's been a while since I touched the bus, my Ratty Beetle project is now finished and sold to a young fella who is loving his first Air-cooled VW. Now to get serious about finishing the 13 as best I can.

Heaps more metal is being ordered to get all the crap out and make everything sweet. The engine bay is first to get detailed and painted and the engine will be treated to a better set of heads and a bunch of go faster parts, and a CSP Python is in the post.

A break from a project is what's needed sometimes I reckon, I'm excited to get the welder buzzing again. Aiming to be painted and polished by the end of the year. Progress to follow... Cheers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    68BUS likes this.
  17. Dannyred

Dannyred Member

Watching with anticipation mate. Will be interesting to see what you do to the engine. Hopefully it will still sound as throaty as it did when I saw it !

18. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

You will love the python :)

19. rudy

rudy Member

Great job, not much fun getting the panels straight…. i made a 1 metre long block which helped heaps. Your light trick is also handy. One thing about the python exhaust, its sound awesome, looks awesome and is very well made. But i think each time you adjust valves you will need to remove the muffler from the header. I have one from a beetle which I want to put under the splitty but there is a small difference in the muffler pipe work. Can you please post a pic of the python if you get it. Thanks

20. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Removing the muffler to adjust tappets is the drawback but worth it IMO