1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Kombi Club Bus Stop - Pictures

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by Kai, Apr 25, 2011.

1. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Ha ha Judy, I told you you should have called your business

Nun on the Run

2. pvwg

pvwg Member

Hi unreal Pics, will have to be more organised for next Easter missed a great event thanks for the Pics you all looked fantastic even Geoff "Only joking Geoff"

Hi Judy & The Brewmaster I think "Show Me Some Discipline" SunnyBoys June 1983

3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

:lol: ...thats "The Narooma (Kinky) Nun" to you...:)

4. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Hair should be wild and loose Judy ........ :D

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Hair should be wild and loose Judy ........ :D

Hard to be in that habit...it was very hot & sticks to you...:lol:

6. Necro

Necro Active Member

Yes, I heard you were hot and sticky that night....:eek:

7. Necro

Necro Active Member

Great pics...keep em coming...:)

8. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Necro,

Thanks again for your donation of the poi. Sienna loves it and Allanah has already borrowed it a few times. Shame its so cold low as they would love to get outside at night and play with it. Doesnt have quite the same effect when its daylight.

Here are a couple more photos of the big night.

Sienna accepting her prize:
    [​IMG]

Lanie showing how it is done:
    [​IMG]

Girls enjoying the night:
    [​IMG]

My girls @ Tilba Tilba on the vomit express swings:
    [​IMG]

9. Necro

Necro Active Member

Hey Scott,

Not a worry, last year I didn't have a kids prize and there was some glum faces. So this year I wanted to have a prize for them. It's all to encourage people to dress up, I have a long history with costume and love dressing up. So, seeing so many great costumes and people again having fun dressing up makes me happy.

Sienna and Allanah will have countless fun with them and if they practice, (people all over Oz do classes for them and there are instructional videos online, just search poi) they will be the coolest kids at any party.

I am glad she won so we can start training her early. If you bring them to future bus stops, Jedda or I can show them some tricks, Jedda is a wonder at poi, I like the staff.

When you run out of batteries give me a yell, you can get packs of ten online much cheaper than buying them at the shops. The little card shows you how to program them to get different effects, they have about 30 patterns and are the best you can buy, so they will last a long time, especially with the spare batteries.

If you shorten the ropes the girls will find it much easier, but don't cut the ropes because the girls will grow and the poi can grow with them.

Glad you and your family had fun at Bus Stop and hope to see you at next years...:D

Dave.

10. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

We will bring them (although we do tend to forget things like bringing the pull back kombis for the races) and we are planning on going to the Victorian one next year if all the planets line up well enough.

Hopefully they wont practice in the house - we have only 2.4m high ceilings so a few light fittings might come off second best.

Cheers again.

The costumes were great and again Jay topped the crazy list with his new inflatable girfriend.

11. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Excuse me Scott....She has a name you know,no wonder Jo felt deflated the next morning after the way everybody treated her at the shindig :cry:

12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure Neen didn't have a hand in that?

13. greenbay

greenbay New Member

No way...she's a big pussy cat;)

14. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

ahh so she got her claws stuck into her.......

15. greenbay

greenbay New Member

no actually there was a little prick involved,and there were a few single men who are on the suspect list:eek:

16. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Got home late last last night after a wonderfully refreshing home journey through the Snowy Mountains. Missed out on the great pizza at Jindabyne on the way through, but Doc said the one he bought was "the world's best pizza." Must be something about pizza and Jindabyne, or maybe just the mountain air??

Haven't even downloaded my pics to the computer yet, much less photo-bucket. Probably not much that hasn't been covered, but if I find anything different, I'll put them up. Followed the "Hippy Kombi" and met them at the Tom Groggin camp Tuesday night. The stars looked so close, you'd swear you could reach up and touch them. The nearby river created the best music human ears could ever hear. We left the beautiful roaring camp fire and got an early night with the sweet river sounds lulling us to sleep. Nothing like the Victorian high country at this time of the year.

Fell in love with Corryong on the way home. Would make a fantastic Kombi week-end if it weren't so damned far away!! Beautiful location, very friendly locals and a beautiful sunny day. And did I mention the lack of parking meters and traffic?? The local museum is chock full of artefacts and Kat had to practically drag me away. I'll be looking at Corryong real estate for the next two weeks!!

17. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Hey VanAime,

Corryong is a great little town. Every year they hold the Corryong Cup Hang Gliding comp there which I used to fly in. It's been a while since I was there but it's a beautiful drive from Jindy along the Alpine Way, past Thredbo & Khancoban.

Is that the way you drove?

18. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Yep. That's the way we came. What a beautiful part of the State and so friendly too:D

19. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

A few more pictures.....

No trip would be complete without a minor drama. Shown here is Wes's bus with a broken accelerator cable. Adrain used a bit of magic coat hanger to procure a temporary fix and we were soon back on the road......
    [​IMG]

Two lovely splits. One beautiful, the other great.........
    [​IMG]

Got to show the only "Kombi" at the fancy dress dinner, even though I'll probably die as a result:eek:
    [​IMG]

20. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

A few more shots

Our fellow travelling companions...........
    [​IMG]

This lulled us to sleep on a very frosty and cool night.......
    [​IMG]

But this kept us warm......
    [​IMG]