1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 reVOLKS - with photos

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by coastalkombi77, Oct 14, 2012.

1. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

ReVolks...Reassured, Reinvigorated ..and Regenerated!! As I sit here in the crushing world of Real, idle thoughts turn to the weekend and I start to grin like a fool. Lorne was abuzz with Kombis everywhere...heading up the hill, down the hill, parked on the main drag and in shopping car parks everywhere. Like an alternate universe populated by kombi clubbers. Sore necks from twisting to watch kombis chatter down the road. And a giant nest of them in the campground...?! People greeting one another like winning lottery ticket bearers. Hugs...Hugs and more Hugs. Never has this mishapen old frame been more hugged, squeezed and generally clasped to the accompaniment of gratuitous insult and sincere endearment ( well not since Bus Stop at Swan Hill anyway ) Bonhemie...espirit d'corps and serious Kombi love everywhere. Even the young ( and not so young ) Turks who had set up " Split Corner " in the campground ( as they do at every K.C. gathering ) were not immune. An aura of love and peace descended over Lorne Sat nite. Lest there be any doubt...who saw the rainbow in all its refractive glory arch from the heavens on the walk up to the pub sat nite??? Sat nite saw the coming together of so many souls normally distanced by the tyranny of the size of terra australis...so much more than our usual cyber dialogue. Topped off by an inspired decision to recognize Rory and Tara with the benevolence of " Arthur " All together a ".. reaffirmation.." for me , of why in my all together otherwise orderly ( and oh so predictably boring life ) that I look forward to and cherish Kombi affiliated gatherings. Miss October was right. Doc, Rosco et al, from your acorn , there were many Kombis taking shade on the weekend. To all, mille grazie and until the next time...Via con Dios! John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

2. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Wonderfully put J.D. But I fear it may take me till next year to decode you're wonderful prose. The sentiment is shared by both my wife an I, and those that missed it should be put on notice to make the pilgrimage next year, or at least face in the direction of Geelong and give thanks for the outpouring of love and respect for these fine machines.

Damn, that almost sounds religious. Any hoo, you get the gist.

Adrian

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Ahhh JD. Great to catch up.

More pics!
    Lorne camp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Alpal

Photo shoot at Lorne
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Red Bull at Geelong
    [​IMG]

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Al :) Cheers, Mark

6. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Well said Mordred and JD! Thanks to all the Kombittes for another outstanding event. Most particularly BeerDoc! Feel the love peoples......

7. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

I've been trying for the last two hours to upload some of my Revolks pics to Photo bucket, but it gets to 94% and freezes. I'll have to try some other time. I often have problems with it and it's soooooooooo slow!!!!

8. xerxes

xerxes Member

For those who would like to trawl through pictures on this site - Aime... :) I'll put mine all in one thread - I had a fantastic time apologies to Aime for forgetting the usb even though I remembered it 3 days before.. apologies to JD - the Ned Kelly's were in the fridge/under the kombi and I didn't catch you :( great to see everyone's smiling faces and catch up briefly - Aime rock up next time we had spare guitars :) Alpal - Dylan was sorely disappointed that you didnt join him in the jig and would like to get you 'drunker' next time to see if that will persuade you... :rolleyes: thank you to everyone for making it a chilled out relaxing weekend i had a stinking cold so those of you I didn't hug - be grateful for your clear noses this week - thanks to Doc and all who organised and kept it together especially on saturday morning when I think I did about 20 u turns to get to the line up - it's great to see the numbers growing hope that many more of you can make it next time well worth it
    Wendy

9. Sonny73

Sonny73 New Member

Was Just Flicking through your photobucket album of doing up the bus. Looks unreal. Noticed you used dynamat under the flooring. Have been thinking about some sort of sound deadener for my van. How did this work out for you? Did you have to buy online and ship from America or is it available somewhere here? Any tips/advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks, Sam

10. Alpal

Try resizing your pics a bit. Smaller is sometimes better!

11. Alpal

12. xerxes

xerxes Member

Alpal - I couldn't believe he could do it but he did also quite successfully attempt the riverdance and my camcorder had some trouble keeping up with the speed!!! accompanied by the beautiful irish flute music they kept me laughing.. there's always a next time - see you at DOVW ??

13. Alpal

Pencilled in the diary!

14. Kelda Kelly

Kelda Kelly New Member

No won't be a stranger next time. It has just been a difficult year and was lovely to meet you and love the front page pic and hope all will be well soon for Saffy.

15. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Don't any of you let us miss next year or I'll......I'll.......sit in the corner and sulk..........:lol:

16. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I'm with Wattie. Might have to make the trip down, seeing as I can't make the Bus Stop

17. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

A few more Re Volks pics for the pundits
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

and some more...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Choco

Choco Member

SHARON, summa is not happy, you werent ment to take pics of her :p

20. kombiwomble