2017 25th Anniversary Australian Split Window Kombi Winter European Cruise to Mt Wilson

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Barney Barndoor, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Barney Barndoor

Barney Barndoor Active Member

Not long now before we Split...

Please see Event Poster & The Day's Itinerary for the 2017 25th Anniversary Australian Split Window Kombi Winter European Cruise to Mt Wilson on Sunday 27th August 2017.

Please note all other VW Models are welcome to attend but we will be leaving McDonald's Windsor in the following seperate fashion:

9.30am: Split Window Kombi's Only, Lead by Event Sponsor Andrew Dodd Automotive.

10.00am: All other VW Models, Lead by Event Sponsor Chris Creed of 40 Horse.

Facebook Event group link...please join & register your attendance;
    "Australian Split Kombi Winter European Cruise 2017"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/217953182047117/

Enjoy..

Cheers Simon

19388687_1319141738202476_3216180905134127798_o.jpg Attachment-1.jpeg

wirrah likes this.
  2. Barney Barndoor

Exclusive Made to Order Event T-Shirts & Stickers are now ready to pre-purchase online from our fantastic Sponsor 40 Horse....
    (or contact Chris Creed from 40 Horse direct for other purchase options)

Direct web link to purchase from 40 Horse:
    http://bit.ly/2uOI6st

Help celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the original 1992 Australian Split Window Kombi Klub Winter European Cruise to Mt Wilson on Sunday 27th August 2017.

Become a supporter by purchasing this exclusively designed T-Shirt!

T-Shirt $30
    Sticker $4

PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to have your order posted to you, it will be sent as soon as possible after ordering but may not arrive in time for this event. If you choose to pick it up at the cruise, select "pick up at car show". It will need to be ordered no later than 12pm Friday 25th August for it to be printed in time for this event and cannot be substituted for postage once complete.

40 Horse will bring very limited T-Shirt stock along to the event so best to order online or contact Chris Creed direct to confirm your order beforehand so not to disappoint. http://www.fortyhorse.com.au/contact-us

For more information regarding the actual Event please see Event Poster & Itinerary above or join our dedicated FB group:
    Australian Split Kombi Winter European Cruise 2017
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/217953182047117/

Enjoy

Cheers Simon
    20861752_1373922249391091_2065162637471675712_o.jpg 20819609_1373922299391086_243550092636883808_o.jpg 20861715_1373922362724413_8969603618220072803_o.jpg
    Enjoy

Cheers Simon

3. Barney Barndoor

Awards & More at Castle Hill did a great job on making this Best Split Window Kombi Award, I wonder which lucky variant Split Window Kombi will take this home....

Good luck to all Split Window Kombi participants but mainly I really look forward to a great safe day, catching up & meeting new & old VW enthusiasts

Cheers Simon IMG_5575.JPG

wirrah and John like this.
  4. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Still mulling over whether to take the '71 or to take the Landrover and do photo runs... Still a few days to decide.

5. Barney Barndoor

Bring the 71 Wirrah there will be plenty of photos taken by all to share

See you Sunday mate

Cheers Simon

6. Barney Barndoor

Hi Guy's,

Please see below Map/Directions & Notes to follow for tomorrow's 2017 Winter European Cruise to Mt Wilson.....

Weather is looking dry during the day 13°C Top at Mt Wilson..
    Very Slight chance of showers late afternoon / evening.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Meet for Breakfast at McDonalds Windsor from 8am.

Split Window Kombi owners please come & see me to register your Kombi in the Event..

9.30am Split Window Kombi's Only Depart McDonalds
    lead by Event Sponsor Andrew Dodd Automotive.

10.00am All Other VW Models Depart McDonalds
    lead by Event Sponsor Chris Creed of Forty Horse.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Split Window Kombi's Only
    30 minute Stop at
    Mt Tomah Rest Area.
    Depart Here at 11am.

Please note: The First 12 Kombi's can
    safely park on Bell's Line of Road, the
    remaining Split Kombi's please pass
    lead Kombi pack & turn directly left into
    Rainbow Ravine Rd & park in Mt Tomah Rest Area.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    All Other VW Models (non Split Kombi)
    30 minute Stop at
    The Fruit Bowl - Bilpin
    Depart Here at 11.15am
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Final Destination
    Cathedral Reserve Mt Wilson
    Split Window Kombi Approx Arrival 11.40am.
    All Other VW Models Approx Arrival 12.00pm.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please Drive Safely

Enjoy
    Cheers Simon

IMG_i2842.jpeg

7. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Hope you have a good turnout. I was intending to make the trip down but things haven't quite worked out.

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I was thinking of going down for the day as well but can no longer make it. I hope we get to see some photos :)

9. Barney Barndoor

Yes was a great Event & will run it again next year (last Sunday of Winter). Heres the report I posted on the Event Facebook Closed Group..... plenty more photos & videos on there which your all welcome to join & checkout... heres the link cheers Simon https://www.facebook.com/groups/217953182047117/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wow Guy's I'm just overwhelmed by today's special 25th Anniversary event what a "FanBloodyTastic Day" I must say !! thank you to everyone involved...very much appreciated.

I've just gone through all your photos, videos & comments so far which I thank you for & I am really happy to see everybody had such a fantastic day together.

What a fantastic line up of Split Window Kombi's 28 in all, plus some great Bay Window Kombi's, Beetle's & even a 356 Porsche, backed up by great owners, family & friends catching up together also making new VW friends.

The 2 owners of the original 2 Kombi's from the 1992 Event Paul McKinley in his 1963 Single Cab & Neil Von Heupt in his 23 Window Deluxe Microbus had what I call there own "Kombi Bonding Sessions" today but glad to see they made it back home safely. Great Commitment Guys...

Big thanks to Juri Piirlaid in his Event Barndoor Roadside Assistance Utility & Josh Heather in his 55 Kombi for pulling over & spending your time to assist Paul & his broken down SC Ute on the way up the mountain & then bringing Paul up to Mt Wilson with you........ Great commitment & VW Spirit guys[​IMG]✌️

Also Congratulations & well done to the days deserving award winners;

Juri Piirlaid 1954 Barndoor SC Utility - Peoples Choice Award for Best Split Window Kombi.

Paul McKinley 1963 SC Utility - Simon's Choice Award for Split Window Kombi Commitment.

Hayley Lavers & Dean Lavers 1961 OG 23 Window Deluxe Microbus - Sponsors Choice Award for Split Kombi - Andrew Dodd Automotive.

Barry & Rebecca Wicking Lowlight SC "Tassie Devil" - Sponsors Choice Award for other attending VW Model - Chris Creed 40 Horse.

A very big thank you to our Sponsors Andrew Dodd Automotive & Chris Creed 40Horse. [​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks also to Frank & Noah Skubla for letting me drive their 1961 SC Utility for todays event very much appreciated. I hope to have mine on the road for next years event.

Please keep the last Sunday of Winter Free for next years 2018 Winter European Cruise to Mt Wilson which will be held on Sunday 26th August 2018. [​IMG]✌️

Thanks to you all again.

Enjoy
    Cheers Simon [​IMG]

555.jpeg Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 10.39.17 AM 3.png 21083588_2009316819310559_269886890324128247_o.jpg

Grantus, BusyBear, melissa and 2 others like this.
  10. John

John Member

A great day, well done Simon

Barney Barndoor likes this.
  11. kombiing

kombiing Member

Thanks Simon for all the work planning organising and orchestrating the event was truly a awesome cruise thanks again

Barney Barndoor likes this.