2017 Nimbin MardiGrass Kombi Konvoy - Sat 6th May

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by ruby6689, Feb 13, 2017.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Nimbin Kombi Konvoy.jpg
    Details are the same as previous years with the Konvoy starting at Somerset Street, Byron Bay in the morning, gathering from 10.30am -leaving SHARP at 12.30pm heading to the Car Park cnr Dawson & Magellan Sts, Lismore where more Kombis gather from 12.30pm and leaving 3.00pm SHARP so we can be through the Village by 4.15pm.

There is plenty of time to have lunch when we arrive at Lismore or you can buy it before setting off at Byron (a picnic is also a good option) PLEASE make sure you are back at the gathering points well before leaving times as there will be a short briefing.

After leaving Lismore the Konvoy will park up on the side of the road just outside town for a quick photo opportunity.

My husband, Andy will be leading the Konvoy, please be aware of other vehicles and move to the left to allow them to overtake wherever possible. These cars will be sorted out and directed down a side street at Nimbin and will not be allowed to break our formation as we drive through the village.

If for any reason you are separated from the Konvoy just head for Terania Street which becomes Nimbin Rd.

We plan to regroup at the cnr of Stony Chute Rd & Nimbin Rd just outside the village, please move to the left as far as possible. If the Konvoy is as large as I feel it will be, please use Stony Chute Rd as well to line up. The RBT/Drug squad set up on this corner during the festival & have moved off for us in previous years. I will be in contact with them again this year and have a lookout to confirm if they are in fact there or not so we can change the regroup area if necessary. Please just keep an eye on the Kombi in front & be ready to pull over.

There are several mobile phone black spots along the Nimbin Rd.

Free camping is generously offered at the Rainbow Power Company for both Saturday & Sunday nights, just minutes walk into the Village & exclusive for Konvoyers. Hot water and toilets provided but no showers. The Konvoy actually ends as we drive into their carpark. Rainbow Power Company staff will be there to supervise parking. Please let them know if you are staying overnight or just parking up for a while. Spots will be allocated according to needs. I really don't think there will be a lot or room for awnings, tents etc so if you can keep your spot to a minimum that would be appreciated. Please be respectful and take your rubbish with you, the lawn was recently vandalised by hoons & may be still under repair or off limits if wet.

It's a weird and wonderful weekend and lots of fun. The Sunday rally/street parade is a truly 'different' event and if you can stay and watch it will be an 'experience'.

Please put my contact no. in your phone. 0448891712. I will answer whenever ever possible

Who's coming?

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Syncro27, Serious85, Dapom and 5 others like this.
  2. Miss Rosie

Miss Rosie Member

I will be on way back from WA trip....but definitely next year Lorraine!!

ruby6689 likes this.
  3. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Tricia and I will be there ... 1 or 2 kombis

ruby6689 likes this.
  4. David McMahon

David McMahon Member

I will be there in my Kombi......David McMahon

ruby6689 likes this.
  5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Some of those roads cound be considered somewhat secondary.
    Just saying ;)

vassy69SC likes this.
  6. Serious85

Serious85 Active Member

Tash and I should be there!

ruby6689 likes this.
  7. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

we will do our best to be there

Jerome & Suzanne

ruby6689 likes this.
  8. ruby6689

I had a call from Allan who is the overall organiser to say he is now way too ill to do it any longer and he has asked that Andy and I carry on the tradition for him. Our future is also in question but we are happy to do the organising for this year.

I have spoken to The Rainbow Power Company and they are once again happy to host our Kombi Konvoy participants for camping on both the Saturday and Sunday night if you wish to stay longer. :D

betsy, deeksy62 and Grantus like this.
  9. deeksy62

deeksy62 Active Member

Should be there again this year, a great event, the cruise from Byron and Mardi Grass!

ruby6689 likes this.
  10. ruby6689

11. 900a4

900a4 Member

scott and cassy will be there again this year,the run to nimbin and parade highlite of the vw events.

ruby6689 likes this.
  12. ruby6689

[​IMG]
    Stickers organised for all participants

Kombigal, davidsenese and Grantus like this.
  13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Excellent ;)

14. davidr

davidr Member

Hi Lorraine, I will be there.
    Thanks.

15. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

we are meandering our way
    currently at Nelson Bay ..tomorrow Foster ...maybe ...if anyone is travelling slowly along the coast please say hi
    Jerome & Suzanne

16. jjdz

jjdz Active Member

we will be there, leaving sydney some time friday will meet at lismore .will be fun, do you need to book in at the power company or just turn up
    thanks jodee & jeff

17. davidsenese

davidsenese New Member

Hi Lorraine, We would love to join this years convoy .. Do we have to register or anything ? Is there a FB group to follow ? Sorry for all the questions bit of a newbie .. Cheers Dave & Maddie

ruby6689 likes this.
  18. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Hi Dave & Maddie,

There is a convoy coming down from Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast if you want to join. Here is the link:
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads...ne-coast-and-gold-coast-meeting-points.55470/

Otherwise there is no registration, just show up at the meeting points and join in the fun.

Cheers,
    Jules

ruby6689 likes this.
  19. ruby6689

No booking as it is very informal. The Konvoy actually ends at the Rainbow Power Company

Grantus likes this.
  20. ruby6689

No FB page but I have been posting on the KC page. Best to keep an eye on here as posts stay and don't disappear from view. Lovely to have so any newbies

davidsenese and Grantus like this.