1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 VW Nationals, 27 May

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Grantus, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Disorganised and arrogant. "It's not our fault".

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

:mad:" knob heads":mad: Just remember its the knob heads that spend the time to fill the form in and put there hand in there pocket that partly makes the show.:)
    If every one parked outside they would be dancing around the polls, watching to see if they stepped on any cracks.o_O I know there isn't enough room for all cars ,which is a shame and some people don't want to spend all day there I fully understand.
    As some knob head ,don't know what car they have (air or water):confused: or what colour it is :confused:,or there rego plate number:confused:. I know a lot of this cause I know the ladies that take your money.
    I agree with some comments above:rolleyes: that the organisation of such factors of entry is a problem. I don't see why they need the form filled in before,just take my money give me a number and that's it. Let me fill the foam in when I've parked and hand it in later to the office. Put the owners on the driver to have the foam in to be eligible to win.
    They also want to take photos of every car as you enter for the presentation at the end of the day of the winners.
    They the organisers stopped the judging to stop the queue and went to peer judging which hasn't worked.
    For me know the show is well and truly over rated:eek: but I still go to talk to many like mined people :) :D

Syncro27, melissa, David H and 2 others like this.
  3. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Well said Wayne.

It's successful because it's the only Sydney show/swapmeet.

melissa, MAP77 and Wayne murray like this.
  4. Weather permitting I'll pop down on Sunday for a few hours and have a look.

5. Whitie

Whitie Active Member

As Volkswagon di hards, we've been to a few "VW nationals' over the years with our 75 bus.
    But we are surprised find so many other VW's in the carpark who've chosen to exclude themselves from the event but are so totally worth a look.
    The organizers need to ask themselves why they are not capitalizing on these lost entry fees.
    Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't this the VW nationals celebrating Volkswagon? shouldn't an event with this title be encouraging for any volkswagon no matter what condition to be involved & displayed.
    Look at some of the UK events in paddocks accommodating everyone.
    Just sayin....

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Syncro27, syncro and onetrackwonder like this.
  6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Now you can correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t believe any VW in any condition would be rejected at the gate, and told to park outside.

I believe it’s a matter of how much time you have on the day. To park inside, you have to be there early enough, and it makes for a long day.

If you only want to visit the show for a couple of hours, (later in the day), it’s easier to just park in the car park, and pay the admission fee to look around inside, which would explain the large quantity of VW’s parked outside the event.

Syncro27 and Wayne murray like this.
  7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

100% correct.
    I hope you all have a great day there - unfortunately I will not be able to make it.

8. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Spot on Grantus if there was a nail to be hit you just hit it on the head:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.