1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Annual Kombi CLub Bus Stop Toy Drag Meet.

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by Schmoburger, Jun 8, 2007.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

2. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

That looks like it would give some of the real kombis a run for there money!!

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

4. oldmancrew

oldmancrew Member

Last evening I put my toy kombi through some exhaustive technical and automotive tests...ie tried to work out how fast it goes.......
    The results I am sure will scare all other contenders into modifications.............even Tiprat who I know has a special way with these types of vehicles...

6.8 mtres in 5 secs......equates using my maths skills to the amazing speed of 4.89 km / hr.....
    This was achieved on a hallway runner carpet in a southerly direction......

Greg / pru / kc

5. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Schmeauxtoy Performance Workshop has just last week taken delivery of a nice shiney Chub City Kombi, which is now apart awaiting close scrutiny to assess the suitability of the design for numerous modifications to enhance performance.

This vehicle is looking to be a challenge, however the team at SPW Racing are confident that the modification programme will be a success. :cool:

6. Schmoburger

Well, given Eden is only a few months away... thought I'd perhaps better do a spot of organising with regards to the Bus Stop Toy Races... any input from other members is welcome and encouraged too! :cool:

Going from earlier suggestions, I have come up with a set of race categories to suit various types of model and various ages of kid. :D

1) Under-12's Stock Pullback - Under-12's only drag using unmodified Kinsmart Kombis.

2) Big Kid's Stock Pullback - Over-12's drag event using unmodified Kinsmart Kombis.

3) Open Unlimited Pullback - Open drag event for any modified or stock pullback-action Kombi. Young kids welcome but designed primarily for the BIG KIDS :D

4) Chub City Circuit Challenge - Over-12's multi-lap circuit event for unmodified Chub City R/C Kombis.

5) Chub City Junior Circuit Challenge - Under-12's multi-lap circuit event for unmodified Chub City R/C Kombis.

6) Chub City Straightline Drag - Open drag for all modified or stock CHub City R/C Kombis.

7) Chub City Extreme Circuit CHallenge - Over-16's curcuit event for modified Chub City R/C Kombis.

Howzit sound?

As far as tracks/strips go, I will have to do some designing and testing and maybe build something... if possible the R/C races should be held outdoors as the CHub Kombis don't have a great turning radius! The pullback races are pobably bst held inside like last time as a very flat smooth surface is desirable. :)

Still more sussing to do but I believe we have at least a good idea of how the races will b staged.

Another idea I was pondering was that of a fun Filmore race... one using just the Macca Filmores hich proved to b quite a gas last year!what do we think?

Cheers!

PS... SPW are sad to announce that the winner of last years Kombi Drags has met an unfortunate end to it's racing career after an incident during a covert infiltration mission. A replacemen is currently being sought. SPW has also suspended it's CHub City research and development program indefinitely as th things are so bloody compact!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Kieren, you do realise the RC Chubb City ones can race 4 at a time on different channels? Does that help in any way? Wonder if my "imported ones" will be faster???:p

...doubt it ...LOL ;)

8. Schmoburger

hehehe yeh I am still tying to nut out a way around that... will require some lateral thinking but I think I can come up with something. :cool: :D

9. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Hey Schmo - Melbourne Team Kombi Rocks!

Re Kombi races.
    You would have been in your element at the Team Kombi Xmas Party. Ha! We had Toy Kombis racing everywhere. We have a new catagory for you. Remote controlled Kombis! We even had a remote controlled chopper in the sky watching the event. It was great fun. So we are all looking forward to the event at Eden. Oh by the way what are your thoughts on modified Toys? Just like a real kombi getting and engine upgrade I think some of the toys will have a tad of tinkering done to them. (grin) Is gunpowder an allowed propultion in a toy????! Weve had a few ideas you see.... (cough cough!)

As we have already had a Toy Kombi racing practice run
    The Melbourne TEAM KOMBI must be the favourites to win at Eden. Ha Ha
    The challenge is down....
    See you at Eden Toys at the ready!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  10. Schmoburger

HAHAHAHA Cammo you are mad as a hatter! :D I think can't imagine how a Kombi could be probelled with gunpowder.... oh wait, yes I can...YIKES! :eek:

I think it might be a bit of an issue in the curent race catgories....however this said, it almost warrents adding one more category for all the realy reeeeally silly (ie pyrotechnic) modifications! :D

But yes, there are categories already in place anyway where mods are allowed and encouraged... however JATO rockets strapped to Kombis isnt allowed in the rules of those races hehe

As for RC... already thought of and taken care of.. sort of! the CHub City categories are all for those litle funky RC Kombis and there are categories for young old, drag and circuit, modified and stock so everyone is covered... tho JATO is still not allowed in these classes of race! :D

11. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Team GLOMOCO is happy to announce everything is on schedule, time trials and performance tests have proved impressive, and I will be unveiling the team body work and race trim next week ( sometime pm. wednesday 23rd.)

Also we are currently trialling a prototype vehicle that will not be entered but will hopefully be run just for a laugh and to maybe stir a little interest in the creation of a much higher powered (think along cammo's gunpowder line) race class for the 3rd annual event.

Until next weeks unveiling. cheers Glen

12. Schmoburger

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Much as I have taken a staunch anti-pyrotechnic stance this year..... it is almost too tantalising to resist come the 3rd Bus Stop drags! :cool: :D :eek:

13. Alpal

IS IT BLING????

14. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

It's not Bling Alpal. It's just propaganda. They have nothing but words to race.

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    uumm nothing like a bit of competitiveness to keep everyone going...this is going to be very interesting..
    Judy

16. glow-monkey

Ok here's some words to be eaten, preliminary tests show a difference of four van lengths within the first 1/2 metre, Ive managed to get a bit more than that with some tweaking, but I wont be giving any more away, other than how it looks, until the race. bring it on boys and gals. Have we got any girls out there tinkering?, or is this gonna be a Glen, Dean and Schmo event.

17. Alpal

BUT IS IT BLING???

18. Schmoburger

it was always going to be a Glen Dean and Schmo event wasnt it?!?!.. or a Schmo event more to the point! bwahahahaha :D

19. glow-monkey

Even if I dont win, mine will pull all the kinsmart groupie chicks, they look hot enough for barbie to change her favourite colour.

20. glow-monkey

Oh and as for IS IT BLINGWait and see on wednesday night.