1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40mm IDF Weber Question

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by onetrackwonder, Jun 19, 2021.

1. onetrackwonder

onetrackwonder Well-Known Member

I have just removed the carburettors on my latest Kombi purchase to have them cleaned and put a new kit through them and the have what looks to me like a rubber reducer in the top of the throat, they have gone hard s a rock and shrunk, my question is does anyone know what they are called so I can purchase new ones, I’m guessing that they were needed in the first place or they would not have been there, or are they really required on a stock 2.0L, my thoughts are will they reduce the air flow and create a loss of power or is it there so the carburettors don’t flood the engine, cheers Greg
    https://i.imgur.com/Hoz6l4K.jpg

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Not sure what they are, but are they like velocity stacks (air horns) You Dellortos have metal ones. If they are the same thing as what you have in picture.

3. onetrackwonder

onetrackwonder Well-Known Member

Thanks Wayne, they must be a very crude form of air horn then as they are nothing like the free flowing Dellorto runners, to me they look more like a restricter, cheers Greg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021