1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4wd stickers

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by spark, Mar 30, 2020.

1. spark

spark Active Member

Hi all, bought new stickers off campervan culture and having trouble working out the exact measurements to place them. On the web it has measurements that don't look accurate from photos.
    Finally took all the black wrap off the bus, what a job paintwork in good condition for its age.
    Will add photos when I read how the forums likes them posted.
    Thanks Mick

Syncro27 likes this.
  2. spark

spark Active Member

Thanks for the Maccas I looked at a few photos and found they all seemed a bit different so did my best
    looks fine.

3. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Found this on the Samba and it even has metric measurements:

Dimension 1: 52 mm (I assume you mean the "other left" - I measured port side)

Dimension 2a: "S" 84 mm to the start of the character line bend

Dimension 2b: "O" 90 mm to same reference

NOTE: The character line is sweeping up across the "O". This dimension is taken at the furthest level reference on the "O", from the "S". That is, closest to the same seam in Dimension 1, the closest point to the seam that the top of the "O" is level.

4. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of photos of where my stickers were placed on my '89 Syncro after the rebuild.

-SYNCRO logo 2.jpg

Aufkleber-Position_4WD.jpg

Ian

Syncro27 likes this.
  5. spark

spark Active Member

Thanks for that ,the Syncro sticker is perfect yet I seam to be 5mm out both ways on the 4WD 40mm and 65mm thats what I get when I do things by photo.