1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'73 DC - World First(?)

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by JHB88, Oct 27, 2008.

1. JHB88

JHB88 Member

Well..at least first in Australia..maybe the World.

Reproduction Bay Window Dual Cab tray panels and complete gate set, manufactured by Klassicfab (Gerson) and supplied in Australia by Split Parts (Elton and Benno).

They have been a long time coming but to be expected when you are the first. There have been split DC gates and panels imported before now but these are the first Bay Window sets.

Excellent quality and fit. The Gates just bolted straight on and all I have to add in the top connections from my old gates and of course paint them "Flipper Blue".

I still have to finish cutting of the old tray panels before the new one can be welded on so don't expect any more on this resto until about next year sometime.

I am not game to MIG weld yet as I only finished my TAFE course on Saturday so I need alot more practise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  2. JHB88

JHB88 Member

Some more shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kom123

kom123 New Member

How good are they! Job/fit/resto well done :)

4. JHB88

JHB88 Member

And remember the seats when they first arrived:

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

TMI upholstery in blue - yes I know not original colour but I have a theme going here.

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Love the gates and the seats John, the gates look like they were worth the wait. Are they going to manufacture them for anyone that wants them or was it just a one of that they did for you?
    If they are going to make more I would love you to PM me some more details because the gates on Adrians DC are not the best.

6. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Yahoooooo!

Looks fantastic John ...... well worth the long wait and even the splittie gates being sent instead

Now for the next question .......are they producing SC gates as well?

Cheers
    Brett

7. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

Very nice and good to see someone doing the gates now. With the enquiries that will result they will HAVE to start making them for eveyone :))

8. OberonViking

OberonViking Well-Known Member

Oooooh, I think I want some of those...

9. Volksaddict

Volksaddict Member

...any info on the cost..thanks

10. WAY2COOL

WAY2COOL Member

Great Gates

Jeez, I think that must be dust in my eye...[CRY CRY CRY] ..They look fantastic !!!!!

11. MattB

MattB New Member

They look really good, great fit too :) Should look awesome when it's all painted.

12. JHB88

JHB88 Member

I should be able to answer most questions in one hit.

Split Parts will be setting up a website soon where they will list all parts and prices in $AUD which will include shipping to Oz.

In the meantime you can contact Elton (greenbus) and Ben(benno) over on the DSK site.

Klassicfab already make Split DC and SC gates, and now obviously Bay DC gates so Bay SC gates should not be a problem.

The only catch may be, like my gates, Gerson may have to find a set of Bay SC gates to copy and that could take a while.

I have also been told that Klassicfab will be making repair kits/parts so you can fix your own gates which should be cost effective.

13. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

..................ummm............ wonder if they could borrow one of my sets and do a set for me at reduced price.....................uummm.:umm:........................

Just emailed them so I await a response.................let's see how long it takes and what sort of response I get!

Cheers
    Brett

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008