1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

76 Sopru resto

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by David H, Sep 18, 2016.

1. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Kombi Groovers,
    Just a little more in the last week. The new LEDs mean I can take out some old fluros that were sitting on some stainless that was hiding some hood lining holes.
    Sorta before P1110050.jpg2.jpg
    & the clean look after the dull old fluro left & the above the sliding door rubber changed.
    P1110053.jpg2.jpg
    Got to think they didn't have design computers in 76;). Who would put a 240v power point above a stove:p:oops::confused:.

Another stainless panel coming for the other side to get rid of this light. Ah .....the 80's. Was the only way then:rolleyes:. Bloody big light turns to very small light in 30 years:rolleyes:. LED's good! P1110054.jpg2.jpg

Here it is. P1110059.jpg2.jpg
    Some polishing done! Starting to think the inside is just going to be stainless;):p:D.
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  2. David H

Hi Kombi Lovers,
    This strictly not a resto thing but decided to keep it all in one place. The idea came from @Jethro & his new ride Gertie.

Geoff’s posting on Gerties thread in 'Members Rides' has led to me seeing a mod for old boy being a seat/benchtop.

http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/meet-gertie-the-76-sopru.56419/ page 1 post 12

After 38 years in 76 Soprus I did not think it possible to make a better cupboard kit layout (totally respect we all have our own view) that can store so much & is so usable but one photo changed that to this extra mod for more usable/versatile space.

This cupboard layout has unbelievable space/storage. To be able to make it more user friendly after 38 yrs is astounding. Thanks Geoff for the post of Gertie for this mod:).

One seat which was always there.
    P1110086.jpg2.jpg
    One bench that was never there
    P1110085.jpg2.jpg
    & some more stainless:cool:! Starting to prove it's all going to be stainless :p.
    It’s a Paul Kelly moment. ”From little things big things grow.” ;)
    Cheers

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Mate that's fantastic, your onto it!! Love how you flipped the seat so no extra bits and hung it from the cupboard so no extra holes.....the value of the collective.
    Great quote too as my wife and I saw Paul Kelly last night live at the opera house and he did that song but I never realised it was all about Kombi resto's!! He da man!!

David H likes this.
  4. David H

;). You're going to talk to me about your background Lieutenanto_O one day;)!
    Cheers

Jethro likes this.
  5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice work !
    So it flips back & sits on the vertical folds to support in the seat's original position....?
    Cheers,
    Mark

6. David H

Hi Mark,
    Turn the seat over & back to where it normally sits & remove the two catcher rails that hang off the cupboard/stove. Takes 1 minute to set up/remove & no holes;).
    Or you can leave it there as it can't slide out & the stove top can still close.
    P1110099.jpg2.jpg
    I can send the drawings for the folds if you want;). Took all of 1 hour to install:D. Oh ......& a bit longer to think it thru:p & not a fastener anywhere.
    More bench space in a Sopru:D.
    Cheers

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Jethro, oldman and Grantus like this.
  7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey David, I’d appreciate that mate.
    Top marks for ingenuity without compromising originality ;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

8. David H

PM sent

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017