1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 Caravelle GL

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Caravelle85, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Caravelle85

Caravelle85 Member

I was looking for a T3 parts bus with a good engine to help me finish the work on my 85 GL project and found a 2 owner 91 GL on Gumtree that looked perfect for the job. 58000km on a rebuilt engine, rebuilt auto, all new/reconditioned front end (rack, shocks, CV's, ball joints), 4 new tyres....it had a bit of a whack in the rear corner so I thought I'd strip it for the good bits then scrap the rest. I collected it from Hervey Bay a couple of weeks ago and drove it back on a permit...stopped off for for a visit at Col's (cbus) on the way home. Col gave me a hand taking off the vinyl wrap that was all over it from its last incarnation and inspected the damage which was nowhere near as bad as I feared....so I got it home, patched up the damage, gave it a good clean, replaced a rear CV boot, fixed a starting problem (neutral position switch) and it was then good for rego.

It drives beautifully and, after a steam clean, I think the interior will come up like new. Loving 'all the mod cons' with power steering and electric mirrors haha. Just need to do some adjustment on the sliding door which seems to pop off the latch when going over a bump.
    Another bus saved :)
    Now it's back to the hard work on the 85 ...I'm told I'm not allowed a parts bus to help me as there isn't room for a 3rd T3 at home

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures MVIMG_20181010_165506-01-1354x1019-01-1015x764.jpeg MVIMG_20181012_135009-01-2268x3024-1701x2268.jpeg

David H, Wayne murray, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  2. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

That was the Circus bus? Looks great now :)

3. Caravelle85

Caravelle85 Member

That's the one!

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Wow, what a difference.

Well done for saving it from the scraper - by the description it seemed like a goner..

5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Def too good to scrap! :)

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Scrubbed up pretty good :):D:cool:;)

7. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good for me a T2 person. Cleaned up well and you have done just as well.:D