As a lot of you, I know enough to get me out of trouble on the side of the road, but I am very far from being a proficient mechanic. Which is why when I needed an external oil fitted, although I understand the concept of the project, I lack the knowledge to execute it properly. So I took Evie to Custom Vee Dub for the service. And once again Pete went above and beyond to give me a good job. I did most the legwork, sourcing the best quality parts for the job that we knew about and he got the bits that we needed as they came up. It did not go smoothly at any time, the oil pump was fused in place, overcome with a borrowed pump pully. The fittings did not work that came with the kit. The large flow pump was too big for the space it has so tinware had to be modified and the pump back plate clearanced. But he pressed on and got it all sorted. I now have a external system fitted, it is neat and should be nice and solid for years to come (with maintenance like everything). If I had tried this at home based on info I could find online, it would probably still be sitting in parts on the floor for 3 weekends while I worked it all out. So thanks to the Custom Vee Dub's and the Ash Prestige's (my other mechanic) of the world. But, hopefully the next week of driving will be hassle free. And then it is off to Victoria! Just need to get the dual battery sorted and the fridge wired up, and the safaris's swapped out and... and... and.... Anyway, I am a happy camper today. Evie now takes 6.5ltr of hopefully cool oil. So she should be a happy camper too!