1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accelerator Bowden tube

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by Happy_Camper, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Happy_Camper

Happy_Camper Active Member

Problem Solved, thanks

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Since this is the year of opening old threads,I thought I open this one since it doesn't have a lot of information on it. What I wanted to know is how long it the accelerator Bowden tube for a 72 kombi with 1600 motor and gearbox.Does any one have one out of a car to measure. I've tried to measure my cars with them in but it is nearly impossible to get a accrued measurement. I measure mine around 540-560 mm .
    The accelerator Bowden tube is above the top of gear box and runs through the transmission cross member to near the back of the fan shroud.
    Some VW shops that have them listed for beetles which I think are longer around 610mm or they list them as they would fit both ,which I don't think they are the same.

3. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

You could feed mig wire down the tube(straight off the gun), pull tight, cut level with each end then remove and measure

cbus, syncro, oldman and 2 others like this.
  4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I really like the way you think Rick. :)

No problems......just solutions. ;)

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

You could measure the cable that is not in the tube add the two measurements together and deduct it from the length of your spare cable.

Wayne murray and rstucke like this.
  6. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

There's more than one way to skin a cat

7. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I remeasured mine and got 560mm. Know I need to shorten the new one that I brought which is 610mm, Where would the best place be to be able to do that or can you do it your self ,that's what I was thinking. or any body got a good second hand one that I can buy with that length (560mm) accelerator Bowden tube.

8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

A small dia. tube cutter would do it.....
    Or, take it to a brake and clutch place......they cut and flare small dia. pipe regularly...
    Cheers,
    Mark

Wayne murray likes this.