1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accessory fans in dash

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by roverbay, Jan 16, 2016.

1. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all. I have a set of Ambulance fans in ECLECTIC. are they worth keeping to use with the landcruiser heater. I don't know much about their role in the heating setup

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Nothing to do with heating mate, all they do is circulate air.....
    Heating system is totally separate, driven by the fan I the engine bay (looks like a turbo!,)
    .....& they're commonly mis-named as ambulance fans too, my understanding is that true amb. fans were only found in splittys & were roof mounted....happy to be corrected as my splitty knowledge is limited;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

3. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

mine wont have the rear fan. By this explanation I should be able to connect a water type heater matrix into the system & use these then.

4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Sure Ernie, could be challenge though....
    The fans are placed inside the fresh air ducts at the front of the bus.....not sure how you'd integrate them into a heating system, keeping them in place.
    Based on Eclectic, If anyone could do it though, it'd be you !!
    Cheers,
    Mark

5. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Thanks for the compliment. I think I will unload them & just use the landcruiser fan for front demist heat etc I don't think the rear will need heating