1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACT KCers - Lets Go For A Drive - Sep 2012

Discussion in 'ACT' started by kombi-man, Jul 13, 2012.

1. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

G'day All,
    Following up on the conversations we had at the last ACT gathering of KCers, the consensus was we should go for a drive somewhere :) rollin rollin rollin.....

Firstly, 29 and 30 September are the AFL and NRL Grand Finals, I don't mind listening to the games on the radio while I am driving (quite like the idea) but I am just putting it out there that some may have other plans.

Suggestions:
    1. Goulburn Run
      My original thought was around the back from Canberra, Tarago Lake Bathurst, Goulburn, back along the freeway to Canberra just to shake out my van, I haven't left he CBD since I bought him.
    2. Sutton Forrest
      Grant suggested a run to Sutton Forrest (The Sutton Forrest Inn about 10 minutes down the Illawarra Highway off the Hume or The Golden Arches Restaurant on the Freeway), this may be of interest to some of the KCers from the Illawarra and Sydney, again we could run around the back to Goulburn and then run the freeway to Sutton Forrest
    3. Around the Block
      Canberra, Bungendore, Braidwood, down the Clyde and turn left to Ulladulla, Nowra, KIama, in to Albion Park (Wollongong), up Maquarie Pass and Illawarra Highway through to Robertson, Mossvale and join the Hume Freeway at Sutton Forrest, Marulan Goulburn and then back to Canberra.

I am thinking 22 or 23 September but will work with the majority.

Over to you all for your Thoughts and Comments.

2. ick72

ick72 New Member

I'm from Sydney and number two sounds good to me if I survive valla trip

3. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

Hope it goes well fro you,
    Look forward to meeting up with some of the northern cousins :)

4. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Not sure of 22 or 23. In Canberra it is German Autofest day on the 23rd and generally I attend that event. Plenty to see. Maybe the 22nd could be a goer though anyone who is a member of the local Club VeeDub and Kombi Club would probably attend a drive on the Saturday by the club (members only type of thing I think). Any other date I would definitely be interested in either 1 or 2 and a maybe for 3.

Ian

5. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I'm away 6-24 September, but I don't expect it not to go ahead on my account.

October long weekend also clashes with the Old Bar Kombifest.

I'm available all August...:rolleyes:

7. ick72

ick72 New Member

autofest forgot about that it is open to visitors i went last yeah in the caddy

8. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

Hey Todd,
    German Auto Display run by Club Vee Dub (Sydney)
    Saturday 22 Sep will be our VW cruise and sausage sizzle, Sunday 23 Sep is the display at Parkes. All German marques will be on display. Driptrays must be used for all vehicles (regardless of engine condition), all displaying cars are to register and pay – club members $10, non-members $15.
    http://www.canberravw.com/events/index.html

9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I just checked my travels plans - arrive back in Canberra Sat morning (22 Sep) after an overnight flight.

I may be able to make the cruise after all...!:p

10. ick72

ick72 New Member

yeah was thinking of just a day trip to this one was to cold camping last year