1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air cooled T3

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by vannin, Mar 30, 2011.

1. vannin

vannin Member

Thanks :) I hadnt really noticed them before but there were 2 on ebay this week!
    Nik

2. coastlaw

coastlaw Member

out of all the models her in Aus and NZ they are the rarest it seems, there are more splitties around than the air wedges, so persevere our air wedges are worth the love and just as cool.

3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Sorry Scott,

Only just noticed this post.

According to Steve at Kombi Rescue, he claims no more than 400 were sold by VW.

4. vannin

vannin Member

So worth saving hey! Maybe one day they will be sort after :lol:
    Nik

5. coastlaw

coastlaw Member

they arnt sort after cause they are to hard to find for sale, hasnt helped the price of them.
    YET.
    I have some knowledge on them but Kombijon is the man over here in the west, with the wedge addiction. even he dosnt have an airwedge...

6. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

I like that term "air wedge". It sounds like an aeronautical design.

I remember drooling over "air wedges" when they were new in the show rooms. By the time I could buy one they were superseded by the "water wedges" (which sounds like a type of course fishery)

7. vannin

vannin Member

Air wedge, love it :cool:

8. wbx4me

wbx4me Member

saw an air wedge at the wreckers a couple of weeks ago ... looked reasonably complete --- caravelle manual with back seats taken out and a sort of camper interior .. think it was a tin top... he was asking $1800 for it

9. Grantus

"air wedge"....good term for a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a house brick! :lol:

10. vannin

vannin Member

Im still looking around for info on how to swap late model calipers onto my early T3.
    Does the bolt pattern line up ( I know I cold try but the bolts are siezed at the moment and I cant get them off) Ive heard wheel bearings are different so cant swap the discs. To swap the lot do I go from the swing arm or just the ball joint? Not sure of correct names!
    Nik

11. vannin

vannin Member

So I finally got Mr Juicy back (as named by the panel beater) and Im trying to get everything organized to put it back together.
    When reinstalling the pop top what sealant should I use?
    [​IMG]
    Nik

12. Grantus

erm...something that doesn't leak? :rolleyes:

Sorry Nik, not much help I know..........

I'll get my hat...:eek:

13. vannin

vannin Member

No worries, I got a good laugh out of that. When I was putting the sail track on my t4 I was told to use ordinary silicone but now I'm being told that mightn't be right ?
    Nik