1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All set to go

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Apr 27, 2016.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hey mate, you nearly spot on. Have a couple of magnet kombis on the dash, the komb club script from Astro on the dash. A couple of kombi boxes with gear in them and oops 3 kombi club bus stop stickers on back window. Haven't seen any kombis yet, well then again haven't seen many peoples out this way either.

2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

A
    ll going great thus far Mark, having a ball and it's only second day.

3. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Defitaley enjoying the trip mate.

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Get used to it.
    Actualy, you probably already are .:)

BrianK likes this.
  5. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Brian and Cathy,
    Have just read your early travels.
    Totally love Grantus philosophy that "home is where you pull the handbrake".
    Shared by all of us I think (except my wife who prefers to camp under the stars..... Five stars that is)
    fabulous adventure. Mount Isa is where I started my existence on this planet until I finished primary school, and was shunted off because children who did their homework, did not belong in Mount Isa in the 60s.
    You are living my dream.... And I insist that you live it to the fullest.
    I can also understand why you are fleeing electronic media Brian.... Collingwood suck
    I look forward to the vicarious pleasure of two very beautiful people, living my dream
    God bless!
    JD in Adelaide.:cool:

BrianK likes this.
  6. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hey John boy, know how your misses feels mate. We dong the five star tonight also. Only did a short day today460ks, doing 600 tomoz. We are now in Charleville and having great time. Absolutely opened my eyes out this way. I was expecting to be out in the never never seen, but Bourke, Cunnamulla and Charleville are very nice clean and cool towns. Time for another coldie, finger is getting tired. Stay healthy mate as we missed your smiling face at Forbes.

Mordred likes this.
  7. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

Be careful out there Brian, Cathy, have a great trip.;)

8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

You obviously havent morphed into the grey nomad format yet Brian.
    Done thing is to get going by 8am and rush ( or act as slow moving chicane, we do like individualism ) to the next camp 40km down the road to secure best spot and hopefuly nowhere near sliding door vans.
    Dont forget to be ensconced in the van watching tv 2 hrs before sunset.

BrianK likes this.
  9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I can only echo what Mark has said, Have a great trip Brian, definitely a dream of most Kombi owners and most of us Non Kombi Owners too.:oops:
    Love to see some pics when its possible, Keen to see Darwin etc one day. might have to live through you for now

BrianK likes this.
  10. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Done about 600 today mate. We booked into port Douglas and we will be there Saturday as planed. At the moment we are way out in the sticks at Muttaburra. 15 buck camp site, only 5 other vans here. Scary roads for the last 170 ks. Only wide enough for one car. Love it, bush it is.

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

12. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thread title "All Seto To Go" - seems you have gone and hope Willie Nelson singing On The Road Again is being played :p

BrianK likes this.
  13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Brian,

Do you need a hand uploading pics? Would it help if you email them to one of us "stagnant" KC members, to then be uploaded to this thread? :rolleyes:

BrianK likes this.
  14. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Yes please Grant old son, pm me email address buddy and can send to you

15. Grantus

"Postcard" from Brian & Cathy today: :)

"We finally made it to Port Doulas, a wee bit pissed of but all good now. After Muttaburra yesterday we had to back track and lost 228 waste time because we couldn't get through in Bella to Hughenden. We arrived in Port Douglas about 2 hours ago and creeped in with no brakes and those that have been up here will no about the windy roads etc. but I'm just hoping the brakes may have been hot. Plenty fluid in her and me to now."

[​IMG]

16. Grantus

Some more pics arrived from Brian & Cathy today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

So they found a really big chair and a truck having a sleep on the side of the road...;)

18. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

That sleepy truck would have been between Cobar and Bourke? Pretty smooth looking fall over.
    Happy Trails Brian & Cathy.
    The Toywagen looks great. Maybe a small Beetle size VW badge on the front!

19. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Spot on mate, that's exactly where it happened. Have some VW stuff inside, but I couldn't put a VW badge on front. That just wouldn't be right. Only seen 3 kombis since we left home but didn't get any pics. We leave here tomoz, have decided to head slowly back home, will stay a week and then head over to Eyre Peninsular for a few weeks.

20. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Thtas good things are ging well Brian and Cathy.

Enjoy your trip