1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one ...

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2016' started by paul77, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Jenny Frappell

Jenny Frappell Active Member

I am beginning to see a pattern. My husband thinks I'm mad for buying one in the first place.

Ninga and Debstar like this.
  2. Jenny Frappell

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

You'll fit in nicely then ! That's pretty much how this addiction starts...after a Bus Stop / Old Bar double....there'll be no turning back.... :D
    Cheers,
    Mark

Ninga, Debstar and 73kombi like this.
  4. Otto

Otto Member

Jenny, pre op postponement was only the beginning , for rehab I drove up to Old Bar and back from Newcastle Sat & Sun.

ruby6689 likes this.
  5. Jenny Frappell

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep.
    Easter holiday so all the psyc wards get emptied into their kombis

Ninga and Debstar like this.
  7. 73kombi

73kombi Active Member

Yes I am an addict, I did my first Bus stop last year and got hooked, then it was Old Bar and things progressed, this year BusStop to Forbes, Valla is now on the list as well as booked for Old Bar allready..... I am an addict:eek:...................
    AND LOVING IT:p

8. Otto

Otto Member

Hey Phil, The addiction is certainly enjoyable (albeit expensive) and growing at an incredible rate, the proof of which is the numbers being restored from wrecks and the prices being paid for restored and reasonable buses. Which in the end means that once I am forced to hand in my licence my super will appreciate the massive injection.

9. deeksy62

deeksy62 Active Member

Not the only one, but Valla, Old Bar and maybe even Mardi Grass later this year instead!

Steve

10. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

We thought we were nuts last year driving a Kombi almost 1000ks to Sawtell with Gracie at 4 years and Joseph at 8 weeks but couldn't miss it after having such a blast at Griffith the previous year. Much to our delight, the kids travelled tremendously well with no usual car sickness. We were also concerned Joseph might wake our neighbours and although we thought the tent might flood at certain stages, Joseph slept incredibly well all weekend... Or perhaps it was the Kombi fumes that made him drowsy.:D Then again, it could have been all the love and cuddles he received from his adopted KC aunts and uncles.
    Our Kombi and the KC not only make Paul and I incredibly happy, it seems to bring joy to our offspring too.

"I came for the Kombi and stayed for the people." New Bus Stop motto for us I think!

Chrissy

PS. One more sleep!!!

11. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

We can't make it this year either but at least we are going to be surrounded with some others that didn't make it. Should be 6 Kombi's in the yard this Easter with a number of blowin's from the big island. We will be thinking of the rest of you and having a few coldies while sitting around the fire.

Adrian

12. wenmac

wenmac Active Member

Stop rubbing it in Chrissy :(

13. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Sorry mate. I got carried away. Should have posted that in a different thread I think. I promise as my penance to post at least a few pics over the weekend....:oops:

Jenny Frappell likes this.