1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amway pyramid

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vinny, Jan 9, 2012.

1. vinny

vinny Active Member

Was approached today by a man trying to sort of 'recruit' me into amway, gave me all sorts of brochures and things. For those that don't know its a pyramid selling scheme...From the start I was very sus and the whole thing seemed quite ridiculous to be honest. Is it a scam?
    Anyone had any experiences?

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=AU#/watch?v=ppg5UYoN26Y

2. serendip

serendip New Member

I had someone try to recruit me years ago and Mum used the stuff for a while. I don't think its a scam as such but you only make money if you recruit people and they recruit people and sooner or later someone actually buys some stuff :)

3. terbear

terbear Member

Hmmm it's not a scam or a pyramid. But been there, done that and wouldn't actively do it again. I am however still active in buying bits and pieces as a lot of it is great quality at a good price.

4. teeveezed

teeveezed Member

Amway is pyramid selling, just like Tupperware, Avon, Nutrimetics, etc. There's no money in it unless you sell, sell, sell.

5. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Exactly what she said. It IS a pyramid scheme. You need to put in lots of time and effort and really push the hard sell to people to make it work. That's not to say people haven't made lots of money doing it, you just need to ask yourself are you this type of person.

6. CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN Member

I agree with Aspro....
    And Vinny in my experience, I never go for any of those 'scams' but unfortunately I've had friends that have.....and some become so desperate to sell, sell, sell that they lose focus & can be a genuine pain in the asstecoshy!

7. vinny

vinny Active Member

The guy came back today and tried to keep pushing it on me sell, sell, sell.
    I basically told him to jam it haha ( politely, of course ;))