1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An apology to the KC.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kommodius, Nov 19, 2008.

1. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Yesterday I posted a comment during a discussion that was completely inappropriate.

I attacked a fellow member in a totally unjustifiable way and although I have deleted the comment and apologised by pm to the member concerned I feel it necessary to apologise to the entire KC community.

I allowed my anger and frustration about other things in my life to spill into an online discussion and in doing so have offended my community and one member of it in particular.

I don't offer this an excuse. There is no excuse, it simply should not have happened.

I apologise unreservedly to all members of the Kombi Club and can only hope that those of you who know me will see this as an out of character aberration.

Ray

2. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

Everybody slips up at some stage, no one is exempt from that.
    What we do after the event is very important.
    You have taken responsibility and reached out to say sorry, and this is a wonderful thing, good to see!
    I have great respect for people who are man enough to admit their error.
    I find a drive around in a kombi to be quite settling in times like this;)

jono

3. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Ray...I have never met you, dont know what you look like even, never read the particular post...But for you to apologise unreservedly to a whole community says much about you and your character. I for one am very glad you are part of this club and forum Ray.
    cheers kelly

4. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Great apology Ray! I saw the comment, and understood that it was both out of character and as a response to a perceived dig at all KC members... you are indeed a great bloke and a well-regarded member, and I think no-one will think less of you due to the comment but more of you for your willingness to make amends.

I hope the "other" things look up for you soon, and your frustrations are able to be eased - of course, if there is any way at all that I or others can help (whether small or large), just holler.

5. Kelly

Kelly New Member

Hi Ray
    I never saw that post either but for you to apologise like you have, I think is wonderful. It takes a big person to apologise. I hope the other things happening in your life settle down soon. Remember tomorrow is another day......
    I too, as well as Kelly (other one), am glad you are part of this club :)
    Take care
    Kelly
    x

6. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

You are a good egg Ray.

7. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

All good ray ! its thru to the keeper as they say . takes guts to say what you did and your to be commended

I would also like to say sorry i could not make last sunday as i promised too but i was feeling a wee bit ill not from playing up either which makes a change !! zimmer frame is still ready to go places thou

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Heat of the moment stuff Rayz - Everyone has tried things and some work and some don't just like the experiences of life.

Apology accepted and I've called Brennden a goose before to his face :)

9. Marty

Marty Active Member

No worries Ray, you're a true gentleman. I've done the same a few times before, like Jono said I find a nice long drive in the Kombi helps :)

10. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

After all the banter and laughs are over, Ray, some of us are here to learn. And your posts are as helpful and informative as anyone here. Newcomers and strangers like me would be nuts to think your remark was anything but defending the tribe, and your apology anything but another positive reflection on you as a bloke, and as a member of a community.

I hope the other poster in question has accepted your apology and that we've all learned something today.

Yours,

Dr. Phil.

11. MattB

MattB New Member

Ray, I've never met you and I don't know what you look like, I don't know you in any other medium than the KC, but when I read that post I knew something was up, and thought that this might have been the situation. What I'm trying to say is all your helpful and constructive posts have built up a repuation for you in my mind, that one harsh comment couldn't ruin.

We all have bad days, some of us worse than others. You've done the right thing by apologising, and hope the member in question accepts your apology as well.

Matt.

12. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

Always forgiven.

13. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

Ray, I drive a Kombi and I'm waving.:)

14. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

What they all said, Ray. :)

Baz

15. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

no worries ray we all know you are a good bloke
    sometimes we all need to hold back and not say what we really think

16. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

All is forgiven and understood, I admit to having to bite my tongue at the time as I took it in a similar way as you. cheers.

17. Mafti

Mafti New Member

I always miss the good stuff on here.

Mafti

18. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

To err is human, to forgive (or seek forgiveness) is divine.

Well done Ray.

Rev.

19. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Do we?....:eek:

20. Takes a big man to admit a mistake of sorts and an even bigger man to apologise to not just one but all.

Cheers Ray no harm done. Wish all forums were like this.......