1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April KC Meeting QLD/NSW

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Apr 29, 2007.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Well we all now know what went on at Canberra & Doc's surprise "present" for Roy....
    I know have the last chapter in that saga...
    Doc you will be pleased to know that Lorraine & Andy accomplished there final mission...To present Roy with his KC souvenirs of Canberra"....
    here's proof...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jae

jae New Member

It was great to finally put faces to screen names (i'm terrible with actual names). Here are some of my shots, hopfully there will be more when i get some film developed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the photos, hope Roy will display his Souvenirs in his "trophy" room

Looks like you had a great time

4. hoops

hoops New Member

See You at Nimbin

Great photos Jae/Byronbug, I tried to attach some myself but alas I must be doing something wrong. Anyway had a great chat today with a number of people and intend on getting to Nimbin next weekend. I hope you got home ok Kysnet??

Hoops62
    (Chris)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  5. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

yes Judy and doc lets hope that the soposetry saga is now put to be and the mental scarring can now start the healing process. I had flashbacks when I saw the plunger appear.

someone suggested I put the package on ebay to raise funds for the K4K

Great to see so many for a great day

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the lovely day, great to meet all the new members and some of the older members who I have not caught up with before.
    The weather was fantasic....no sunburn!
    Did anyone get a count on how many kombis (and one mazda) where there, sure looked like a lot?
    Thanks Hoops for bringing your splittie, Rosie now has a friend, she was getting a complex there for a while.
    Any more pics PLEASE?.............................Lorraine

7. Spinner

Spinner New Member

i know that we brought 9 kombis down from brisbane. i felt like i had to keep checking that we were all still there.
    i will second ot third the fact that it was great to put names to faces and meet new ones. i think we were all in agreeance about the benefits of being in the kombi club. kyra and reece's problems with lola brought it all home to us. we all have some knowledge, stuffed somewhere in the grey matter. and the beautiful thing with kombi clubbers is that everyone is so keen to help out if at all possible.
    lets all hope that kyra got home. the fact that she is absent from the forum is a bit of a concern.....
    great day everyone. will see you all at May's meeting in wynnum. my stomping ground!!!

8. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I'm here - just had two vomitting ferals to deal with yesterday arvo and last night, so unfortunately catching up with things.

Have been busting to get back on here though to thank everyone for such a great day. Said to Reece that I don't remember having such a good time for ages, and I was nearly brought to tears when we all left the IKEA carpark - we all looked so good/cute in our convoy. Can you tell I don't get out much?! :) Even Reece had a smile on his face - the man who STILL doesn't yet feel the Kombi love - he'll get there, and is keen for our next outing.

Well, after fixing Lola (special thanks to Chris, Baz and Matthew for their kind words, tools and bits and bobs) we screamed back to Brisneyland at a steady 95km, so thank God we didn't have to camp out on the side of the highway and hitchike. I'm sure someone would have picked us up. Eventually. :)

As Spinner says, the fact that everyone was able to offer some pearl of wisdom about our problem was just fantastic. And it was all hands on deck, so Reece and I are very grateful, and I've now lost that sick feeling in my stomach.

Thanks also to Lorraine for her choccies - I think Ruby and Callum will look forward to seeing you anytime from now on if you have chocolate with you!

And Toni and Brett - Ruby and Callum are looking forward to seeing their mate George at the next meeting. She's a doll.

All in all, a great way to spend a Sunday and so nice to put faces to names. Feel as if I already knew you all. To those of you going to Nimbin and Malfunction - have a great time. I look forward to reading all about it.

9. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Another great day, it was good to meet some of the Brissie crew it will take me a bit to remember names thou.
    I didnt get a chance to meet everyone due to having a small horse to look after.(thanks Andy for your help) I have only just pulled my walk about phone out of her mouth. That was next to the remote control that she was eyeing of next. And my new magazine that she just chewed up. To top it of I just found out that she has chewed through the cord to my lap top. Who said I love dogs, she is driving me to drink.
    I have taken a few photos some are not that good because we were all to spread out for a group shot.
    Looking forward to catching up again at Nimbin 5 More sleeps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

More Photo's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

And there is more

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

13. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Sorry posted that photo twice

14. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Fantastic Weather

It was great to meet up with the northern mob. Gee they have fantastic weather for their cruises and meetings. Thank you all for making me feel welcome and this kind of thing is what makes K.C. something very very special. Thanks guys I had a fantastic time! It was worth travelling a couple of thousand kilometres for!
    Regards,
    Cammo.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Thx Cammo for posting the pic of us KC girls...nice
    Judy

16. ruby6689

Great photos guys, Andy really wanted to take the 'bear' home, what a beautiful pup...............Lorraine

17. chopper

chopper New Member

Thanks for a great day everyone, especially Punchbuggy who supplied us with great coffee before we set off to Currumbin-needed that!!! It was great to meet the Brissie crew-to put faces to names. It's funny when you get talking to people...oh, hi I'm John...o.k.,but what's your name at Kombi Club? Yeah, now I know who I'm talking to!!! Brought my camera but as per usual I got talking and forgot to take any!!! It was the first time my wife attended a social gathering of the club and she loved it;so much so that she'll be at Nimbin next week-end and suggested that we go on the Friday instead of the Saturday...See all you good people in Nimbin for a great week-end; and to Andy and Lorraine already a huge thank you for having us all stay at your place-I think there'll be more Kombi's at your place than at many a Kombi club meet!!!
    chopper

Ps. Am glad you made it home alright with Lola.

18. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Great day had by all!

What a great day Sunday was. Even though it was a long one for us we really enjoyed breakfast at the Coffee Club and the convoy down from the old Ikea site. But the highlight was catching up with so many KC'ers at Currumbin. So many laughs!

The G'ster had an absolute ball playing with all the kids there but especially with Ruby and Callum. They ran themselves ragged. Hope Rubes and Callum are feeling a lot better after their bug, Kyra. Glad you got home safely but we kept an eye out for you on the way back home; just in case!

Next weekend Nimbi sounds like it will be an absolute ball. If the Kombi Konvoy is anything like the 2005 one on the web we will have grins from ear to ear. A video camera and still camera a must!

Can't wait to have a beer with all those living in Lorraine and Andy's front yard. Thanks so much for having us guys. See you all on the weekend!

Toni and Brett

19. ruby6689

It's getting close now, mowed the lawns or should I say camping grounds today while cammo was away, cleared a path to the toilet in the garage, I don't know about you guys but it doesn't seem to matter how big a garage we have it is still filled to the brink, we have a shed out the back of the garage and a pool shed too all full...what did we ever do with only a single garage before?
    It's work now for the next 3 days so I hope it all will be ready for the weekend. Going to be FUN.........Lorraine

20. jae

jae New Member

I got my first roll of panoramic film developed and got these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]