1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armrests in Microbus

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Deluxe, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Hi all - bit of a geeky question here but I'm trying to work out how many middle/rear armrests there should be in my 77 Deluxe Microbus...

Initially I would have said one for the middle seat on the non-sliding door side (if there was one on the sliding door it wouldn't open would it?), and 2 in for the rear seat....
    But then I realised that on 1977-79 models, the rear seat folds down flat forwards and that if there were armrests they would stop the seat from folding flat....

So, now my logic is that there were probably 3 armrests (1 middle and 2 rear) in pre'77 buses and either 0 or 1 (middle) in '77-79 buses...

Please can anyone confirm?

Cheers
    Dave

2. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

hi shurm
    You have one each side in the back seat area ,and one in the middle seat on the drivers side.I have a set of these 3 if you are looking for them,
    cheers chuck

3. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Thanks Chuck. Does that not stop the rear seat from folding flat fowards as per it's design on the late bay models