1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia Day - Bruny Island camping trip (TASSIE)

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by almarker, Oct 15, 2006.

1. almarker

almarker Member

This concept is in its absolute infancy at the moment, but after spending the day at the Shannon's car expo and meeting lots of lovely Kombi people, I have decided to try and organise a Kombi camping trip to gorgeous Bruny Island over the Australia Day weekend, January 2007. Move over Woodstock, here comes Kombi-stock 2007!!

Basically just trying to gauge interest at the moment, but thinking of trying to organise a heap of Kombi's, hopefully some live music and probably a catered and communal BBQ style dinner arrangement for everyone over the 3-day weekend. We will do some research about an ideal camping spot over the next couple of months, but ideally we may try and rent/borrow someone's property so we have toilet facilities etc and no restrictions on noise, numbers, misbehaviour etc.

If anyone is keen, from Tassie and from the "Big Island", let me know and I will start the organising! Ideas, feedback and creative input would be more than welcome.

2. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi Tara,
    You know I'm in & we have Mathieu as well. C'mon everyone, this will be great.
    Rob J

3. mmmary

mmmary New Member

Sounds like heaps of fun, Bruny is absolutely stunning Kombi country. I'd definitely be up for that.
    My partner is a musician, and no doubt would be happy to provide a bit of live music.
    Unfortunately I don't know anyone from Bruny- if it was FLINDERS Island I'd have that sorted (I grew up there), but that's a tad further to travel, and much harder to access ($$$ as well).
    Let me know if you need a hand with the organising.
    Mary

4. almarker

almarker Member

Hi Mary - thanks for replying. It will be great to have you guys along for Australia Day. Tell your partner to start practicing because I'm booking him/her! Will definitely need some help with organising but we have tons of time so I'm sure it will come together!

The Hobart Kombi crew are getting together on Thursday at Salamanca around lunch time - let us know if you are free to come down and we can all meet up over a quiet beer!

Tara

5. brookie

brookie Guest

Bit far for WA members but you never know Lotto may come up in meantime

6. almarker

almarker Member

Kay & Rex - are you guys up for it?

Tara

7. bigbottomedanarchist

bigbottomedanarchist New Member

Tara,

If I'm home from work ( I work interstate ) the family and I will definitely be in it. I'll let you know when I check my roster.

Cheers,
    Andrew

8. Saggas

Saggas New Member

we are up for it too :)
    the misses thinks we can handle sleeping on the bay seats.. I am undecided still.

9. micknjo

micknjo New Member

sounds great! Will definately be there, let us know if it's a goer!

10. Christina

Christina New Member

Sounds excellent, lets do it!

11. brookie

brookie Guest

Do you mean front seats or rear bed seats-if it is back seats you don't know what you're missing!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  12. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Sounds good to me too. I should hopefully have the Kombi/tent sleeping arrangements for me, the wife (Ana) and three kids (Alex - 3yo, Luke and Joel - 16mo twins) sorted out by then. The Vanders clan are always keen for an adventure.

Cheers,

Paul

13. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Bummer!

I would definately be interested but my dear old mum turns 60 on Australia Day!

We have a big party planned. Hope it goes ahead the stories, pics and posts will be great to see.

Good onya Tara.

Matt

14. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Was wondering what excuse I could give for a weekend away and this is just perfect! so count us in, plus one daugther and two grandsons 5yr and 6yrs.

Good on ya!!

Need any help just ask!

cheers
    Kaye

15. Saggas

Saggas New Member

nah the back seats, but they are just standard bus seats, no rock and roll bed for us..

16. brookie

brookie Guest

Pity:):):):)

17. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Who you kidding, Saggas?? After the naming ceremonies (& accompanying beverages), the Karaoke & the line-dancing, there will be no time for sleep!!!!

18. Saggas

Saggas New Member

hahaha, ill probably just pass out under a tree!

19. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

LOL, been there, done that!!

20. aratas

aratas New Member

This is sounding better and better! I have a notice board in the workshop if someone wants to pin up a notice about this upcoming camping trip. Or anything else for that matter. I can recruit heaps of new members too if needed. Cheers, Andrew :)