1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian Bush

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by David H, Dec 2, 2017.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Here's another looking from the laundry door - we'd had a storm and they were smart enough to find full shelter OR the parents wanted to be empty nesters :eek::rolleyes::cool:;)

TFM's.jpg

Ninga, Wayne murray and David H like this.
  2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

3 times so far this spring are the termites back:(. Trying to eat our home. This is them live before wings lost. Any crack or crevice to crawl into:mad::mad:. P1110359.JPG P1110358.JPG P1110361.JPG
    Surface spray came out next & then it was
    Cheers:D
    P1110362.JPG

3. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

i would love to have these hanging around my house bert, luck is on your side my friend, enjoy.

4. KahunaKombi

Chris, amazing I could so close - got a picture from almost directly underneath :eek: ..... please don't cr@p as you guys take the cake for them :confused: ....... amazing they chose the pine where they blend in so well and when you get near they flatten themselves out as a couple of the pictures so they look like part of the branch :rolleyes:

DSC00793.JPG

5. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

There just posing for you Kahuna Kombi.
    Nice photos and lovey to have such beauty living so close to your home.

Ninga likes this.
  6. David H

Nice owl photos Bert;). Loved the one hiding from the storm on the downpipe under the eave:D. Much appreciated:). Better than termites:(.
    Cheers

chris taylor likes this.
  7. David H

One for Ninga;). One of the nice parts of termite swarms is all the birds are in for a feed:D. Not very shy this morning!! No better example of male/female than this;).
    Lovebirds.JPG
    Cheers

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Ninga likes this.
  8. chris taylor

Wayne, whats even better though,is having people who are prepared to tolerate natures creatures on their property, with exception of termites of course ,although i guess even they have a reason for being there.

David H and Ninga like this.
  9. chris taylor

David ,thats a top photo, did you give them a sausage??????

10. KahunaKombi

The 3 on the down pipe, under the eave were only there for 2 days as the neighbour didn't appreciate their cr@apping on his concrete below - turned the hose on them and put an ornamental budgie there to detract them ...... he was not @ peace with nature :( or many other things o_O

David H likes this.
  11. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

Hey Kahuna,
    Sounds like my neighbour. He called the koala rescue here and asked them to move two koalas that he claimed were disturbing him. They politely declined. This is the same bloke who thirteen years ago totally razed every tree on his block. I once tried to explain to him that it was he, not the koalas, who was moving in to their habitat. He just doesn't get it and never will. Sad.

AJD

David H, drivesafe and Grantus like this.
  12. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

That is magnificent! Aren’t they just beautiful? I tell little Gracie, Kookas are good luck. We often see them on our way to the bus stop in the morning and she tells me she knows she’ll have a good day. :D

Wonderful photo!

KahunaKombi and David H like this.
  13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

They keep telling me here, with their call, that apparently rain is imminent...........

But they seem of late, to be about as accurate of the Bureau of Meteorology with their forecasting.......o_O

Ninga likes this.
  14. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Oh those koalas are just noisy, destructive and out of control! o_O Truly....?
    I find it odd and sad when people get chainsaw happy and simply don’t appreciate what amazing flora and fauna we have in Oz.

For unwarranted reasons, wombats currently have a bad reputation around here, yet we had one roaming about and we all thought he was lovely. I completely agree Andrew, we’re in their habitat.

Wayne murray and David H like this.
  15. David H

All things for a reason;).
    Cheers

16. David H

No Chris....some termites:D.
    Cheers

17. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

:D
    Piece of string out the window is best at present.

Grantus likes this.
  18. David H

Possums/birds be our bit around here & now with no dog to 'protect' our yard they are all being very bold & we're loving it;).
    Cheers

drivesafe and Ninga like this.
  19. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I hang washing on the line, when they predict rain, in the hope..........(like city people wash their cars).

But at least it comes in dry, and free hot water from the recently installed solar water heater .

Just need some real rain, to ensure the solar heater, has enough water to actually heat! o_O

Def a “green drought”...........looks like it’s a usual green spring, but the soil is so dry underneath. :(

Ninga likes this.
  20. KahunaKombi

Andrew, very much like property developers and the moronic government departments :mad: that just cut trees down and destroy the houses of natures creatures who then have to try to find somewhere new to live :rolleyes: if they survive the tree felling :(

chris taylor and Ninga like this.