Awesome WA campsite

Discussion in 'WA' started by Bigbertha, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Bigbertha

Bigbertha New Member

I work for the West Australian Dept. of Environment and Conservation.
    I help manage the Lane Poole Reserve which has a large area set aside for camping along the banks of the Murray River.
    Its right in the forest and is a truly beautiful spot.

There are five campgrounds that you need to book ahead for. Charlies Flat, Tony's Bend, Yarragil, Chuditch and Stringers.
    Three campgrounds where you can just turn up and pick your spot, Baden Powell, Nanga Mill and Nanga Townsite.

Here is the link to the booking website and a bit more information

http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/campgrounds/

ITs a great spot and we usually have local kombi groups camp there a few times a year.

Check it out if you're down this way.

2. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Hi,Have you got anything happening in next couple of weeks,4 a cruise or get togther,I am in Mt Barker.leaving 26th 4 Valla.Love 2 catch up with some WA kcers b4 i leave.cheers Jeni.

3. Bigbertha

Bigbertha New Member

4. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

Working sunday morning at BP MT Barker.:{ Please let me know of any thing else so i can try an get roster change.

5. Mattyb!

Mattyb! New Member

Sob this is where I was headed this weekend until the water pump karked it.

Bertha - I note that our reading of the DEC website this week was that it was all just rock up and book... I see now that page you linked too but literally yesterday we were on a DEC camping site that made no mention of bookings? Are there mirror sites of old pages that are still accessible.

Superb weekend for it coming up - shame about our misfortune with the water pump.