1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bay Bus window regulator fittment without 1/4 window removal?

Discussion in 'Body' started by friz, Feb 19, 2016.

1. friz

friz Member

Hi Guys I am hopeful for any advise and information if anyone has fitted a Window regulator WITHOUT removing the Quarter window?? If so please explain. Many thanks.

2. Grazza7755

Grazza7755 Well-Known Member

News to me if this is possible!

3. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Not sure if Bays are same as T3 but I have removed regulators without the need to remove the 1/4 windows. You must however remove the wind up window glass which requires the removal of the scrapers. I think it might be possible to get it out without the removal of the wind up glass or the scrapers if you can jam the glass in the fully up position but I havnt tried this.

4. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Yep, done that with a small wedge between glass and scraper to keep the glass up. Easy as after that.

5. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

Yes you can replacement of the regulator without removing the quarter window is the correct way; if you have the Bentley service manual the process is described in Section 1 pages 13 and 14.

tom

ruby6689 likes this.
  6. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Sorry, should have added page 149 for those with the older simpler and cheaper Gregorys workshop manual.