1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bay seats for a Splittys?

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by cruzr944, Jun 5, 2014.

1. cruzr944

cruzr944 Active Member

Will late Bay seats fit
    Into a 1965 Splittys, I
    Realise the mounts are
    Different
    Glen

2. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Middle and rear yes

3. evsky

evsky Member

A rear from a dual cab will also work for the front of a split if you can find one. Iv put a bay rock and roller into my split its actually slightly narrow so has a bit of a gap at each end when fitted into a split.

4. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Mounts are the same in the back two seats, the only difference is the tab on the very back back rest ( middle bottom ), there is no u shaped tab on the body of the bus

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  5. cruzr944

cruzr944 Active Member

Thanks heaps guys

6. smithy658

smithy658 Member

Hi guys there is a complete set of seats for sale on gumtree for $2999 full covered ( front midde and rear ) for a lowlight or bay dose anyone know what would be involved in making the front seats fit into my 66 split and if I need to get it engineered etc

7. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

A bit of work and it is possible. Firstly you will need to weld in seat runners for the drivers seat. Passenger seat has no runners, just a tab on the bulkhead.
    Personally, I'd take my bus down there and try it out and get an idea of how difficult the mods will be.