BAY TO BIRDWOOD 2017 Photos

Discussion in 'South Australia' started by chris taylor, Sep 25, 2017.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

IMG_20170924_162222.jpg IMG_20170925_074130.jpg IMG_20170925_074212.jpg IMG_20170925_074252.jpg IMG_20170925_074325.jpg IMG_20170925_074342.jpg IMG_20170925_074403.jpg IMG_20170925_074422.jpg IMG_20170925_074458.jpg IMG_20170925_074540.jpg Bay to Birdwood been and gone .
    It was good to see so many Kombis turn up but only a few were K C members but never mind , did get a few photos for you all to see .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017
  2. chris taylor

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017
    KahunaKombi and Grantus like this.
  3. chris taylor

All in all it was a good day ,no rain just a strong cold wind .
    cheers Chris.

4. chris taylor

It was good to catch up with Scottykells and his father Greg, it was their idea to do the run ,all credit must go to them, some of the other owners of these vans ARE not members of any club which is a shame, but thats how it is , i did speak to a couple of them about the KC club but their comments were non committal, just have to wait and see , but a lot of their Vans were extremely well presented and a credit to them, it was a pleasure just to stand back and look at them.
    The next will be in two years, {next year is Vintage } not sure i will do it again but thats not definite,but if do go i will be taking a bbq,{had to walk a kl just to get a feed.
    chris

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  5. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

Looks like it was a good day out Chris. Great photos. That Brougham just the other side of where you're sitting has me interested.
    We were at the Concours de Demons on Saturday, as was Was356.
    Saw a few of the Bay to Birdwood cars in Modbury after they came back, just as we were leaving to head home.
    I'm gunna have to get a couple of KombiClub stickers so I can put one one the Notch.
    Maybe we could organise a KombiClub Breaky or BBQ or something in town one weekend.

6. chris taylor

Yes , it would be a goer i reckon , but for me i cant do anything this side of the end of November due to prior commitments . But dont let that stop you organising something . Im sure there are others that will join you. :)

7. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

I'm in the same boat Chris. Lets go for the New Year.
    I wish weekends were 5 days long!

David H likes this.
  8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Chris, nice pics ..... edited post so full image displayed ;) if you wondered what happened :eek:

9. chris taylor

Hi Bert that,s ok , not sure what happened, some came out full screen and the rest went in to thumbnail, i must have goofed somewhere along line , that,s ok just blame it on old age . :rolleyes:

10. chris taylor

Bert bought a new phone and i am having a few moments while trying to understand what makes it tick ,its called an : Oppo : sort of like a Samsung in a lot of ways but with a few curve balls thrown in just to make life interesting ....lol

11. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Good VW representation..

12. chris taylor

Yes there were more there than i thought there would be , but only a few were members of the KC club, and i have to mention that they were ,for the main, very smart looking vans ,well maintained , obviously proud owners , its good to see so many turn out for one event.

13. chris taylor

14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Nah Chris, all good as took me some time to sort it out as posted some pics twice - I blame Bill Gates for issues that happen on the computer :D:p