bearded lady cruise

Discussion in 'South Australia' started by Choco, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Choco

Choco Member

2. Choco

Choco Member

anyone interested????
    if so booking early is advised as it is school holidays

3. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Choco, always interested in anything that might bring out the dark side in me. Have pencilled in ....but subject to usual contingencies, ie.....will I still be alive......will I not be in jail or otherwise incarcerated for general community protection and work committments...or will I have returned from Bus stop without neurological compromise from alcohol exposure. I am in the Mount on 5.11.12 for a mediation....wherefore art thou in yonder Mount? What happened to Bierdocs threat of visiting yonder blue Lake from Revolks? What is the meaning of life ...and other such trivia. John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

4. Choco

Choco Member

hahahaha shoot doc a message on his plans and would love to catch up if you have time

5. Choco

Choco Member

a little bit of interest on this event, the more the merrier,
    j.d sent you a pm but no reply, will have to catch up next time :p

6. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Sounds like a great event. Hope you get a big roll-up. I'd be joining you were it not for the fact that I'll be in Tasmania when it's on:umm: Next year!!

7. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Dam you not having this earlier in April!!!!!! My mid semester break is from 29th March to 7th April!!!!! Won't have enough time to go to Bus Stop in Qld and now can't make this one.....Boohooo........:umm:

8. Choco

Choco Member

sorry sharon, our school holidays are from april monday the 15th so thats why we descided on those dates :p

9. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

South Australians do everything strangely!!!! :umm: Imagine starting school holidays weeks after Easter....Oh Well! (That's ok Choco):lol:

10. Choco

Choco Member

come on sharon you can do it
    even if it is in a t3 :heart: :p

11. Choco

Choco Member

aime the cruise is in april 2013 :p

12. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

That would be 42!!!

13. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Ha, ha!! I gotta stop doing night shifts :lol:

Last night I booked a cheap flight for a return trip from Tassie which I fully believed was next January. After I paid for it via Paypal, I discovered that I'd in fact booked a flight for March :wtf: Had to phone Jetstar to rebook the flight and just to change it cost me around $92!! So much for the "cheap" flight. I effectively doubled the price by trying to be a miser:cry:

Remind me not to play on forums or book flights following mixed shifts at work!!!!!!!!

14. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Love this thread...larger than life's hijacking merrily, venting spleen and other unneccessary organs..the wizard proffering the meaning of life...peace devotees venting violence on an otherwise peaceful forum...and night shift insomniacs rueing the cost of their cyber dyslexia all diected at a Cadbury's fan , all of which dedicated to a repugnantly hirsute lady of unknown and certainly dubious origins! Just beautiful, but consistent with the mental health warnings attatched to kombi drivers and their chariots. Any more out there??? John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

15. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Had to read all that twice John, but you certainly gave me a laugh for the day:lol:

I've been putting it off, that battery light flashing at me in my little Seca, but I now feel sufficiently inspired by your humour to go out and swap the alternator for the reco one that's been sitting in the shed the past 6 months.
    Thanks John ;)

16. beastieboy

beastieboy Member

J.D I think you might need a holiday mate!
    All them big words, I think you may be bringing a little bit too much work home with you!
    Still..... tis the holiday season, such festivities amidst our miniscule lifespan and microscopic timeframe allocated for off headdedness, should be prolonged to an almost infinite stage, whilst remaining competant, capeable of returning inevitably to ones duties in a seemingly and stealthily uninebriated stupour. J.D's purported/ostensibly offtapness, and vast, lucid vocab, leave I, intrigued and inquisitively interested in your pharmacutical distributer! Such verbal intensity fished from a language lagoon of litteral linguistics is utmost beneficial for conversing! Where for art thou van dutchy, and inspirational neorological stimulants (Quote- "with the mental health warnings attatched to kombi drivers and their chariots?")?
    Artistic litteracy is adventagous for all, yet I watch children pushing keys on a computer as their handwritting suffers. J.D you would make a great English teacher by the looks of it! Need a few more bright sparks around the place really! You sound like a dude! Hopefully we meet one day on the right side of the law!
    (P.S No idea really why I wrote the above, but I am glad you wrote spleen venting and not colon!?)

17. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

predicting my roster i might be able to go on the 20th choc will try cheers Tom is an avan an and nissan xtrail ok to go or am i banished

18. beastieboy

beastieboy Member

Banish thyne Nissan! Haha!

What is a bearded lady cruise exactly or where is she/it?

Update - just clicked the link.... How much fuel you recon?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  19. Choco

Choco Member

bearded lady cruise started out after the mt gambier bus stop, i dressed up as the bearded lady, from then on every time i came up to Radelaide, i made time to have a lunch/cruise with anyone who wanted to join me. the last 1 we had ran in conjuction with dovw adelaide where we stayed at aldinga (old dinga), we were joined by doc and kaye from geelong, bree and dyno from portland and a few locals from Radelaide. this time summa and i decided to make it a week long event as it was a long way to travel and would make a great family holiday. the event is pretty informal and more of a catch up. we already have people from roxby downs and Radelaide booked into the camping ground. we plan on some fishing, surfing, cruising around and of course some beers :p
    tom you are more than welcome to bring your nissan, i beleive its more about the people than the cars even tho the vehicles play a large roll, and get very frustrated when people say they cant come cause there vw isnt ready or they dont want to come in any other type of car
    cheers
    choco

20. Choco

Choco Member

if you require any other info contact me through facebook for a speedier reply