Bernard the 83 T3

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Dapom, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

At this stage I really don’t know mate. Am def doing dubs at the abbey again but that’s all I’ve booked solid at the mo.

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Luv ya dub this w.e ;)

Resnort likes this.
  3. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

cbus likes this.
  4. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

I don’t get back to brissy till late Saturday from Vanuatu so won’t be doing the drive up on Sunday. Must plan ahead better next year!!

Resnort likes this.
  5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Might accept that .
    Your lack of commitment is noted though :D

Dapom likes this.
  6. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

I am committed......to lazing around doing FA on my holiday Lol
    Will see you at the abbey Col :)

Resnort likes this.
  7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

After last couple years of electrical crap the kombi is lucky its still in the shed and not in a wreckers yard so enjoy the cocktails and humidity.

Just as bad here camped at Boreen point with the evening storm going over, but sans the cocktails and view. ;)

Cheers

Dapom and Resnort like this.
  8. Resnort

Resnort Active Member

That storm looked absolutely amazing from down here. I haven't seen sheet lightning like that in years, and it's almost cold here atm

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yeah, quite a wide one.
    The last week has been more like the start of the wet season.
    Wonder what's to come ? :)

Resnort likes this.
  10. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Hey all :) thought I’d give you an update on Bernard :) I’ve been enjoying him the last few months. Did Dubs on the Hill, at the Abbey and the Gold Coast show. Been camping a few times and running around heaps. He’s been great and behaving really well with no dramas :)
    Although brakes were good I was aware that I had a dragging piston in one front caliper so decided that was the next job. I found that I actually had 2 seized pistons...the inside piston on each side. Cleaned, painted and rebuilt the calipers and then reinstalled with new pads and retaining list and braided lines.....original rubber ones were so hard and perished that they snapped when bent after removal lol as I had to put braided lines in the back too I checked the rear brakes expecting nothing to be wrong. Turns out both rear cylinders were leaking, hoses were as bad as the fronts, one set of top return springs were installed upside down locking the adjuster and the adjuster was fitted backwards in the other side! Cleaned and painted drums, installed new cylinders and braided lines, cleaned and lubed adjusters and then installed it all correctly. Was a bitch to get rears adjusted up to get a good pedal but I’m there now :) back on the road!! Also cleaned out the arches and put on a fresh coat of body deadener :) looking forward to camping again :)

11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Finally getting to enjoy the ride! :)

12. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Yep! Been loving it for the last little while and loving it again after 2 weeks off the road ;)

13. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Been busy Chris, great to see you went the full hog on the brakes with what you did :D ........ afterall addressing one side or only F or R is asking for imminenet failure :confused: of what hasn't been done on major mechanical component(s).

Glad Bernard is behaving and being enjoyed :cool:

14. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

I’ve learnt that I’m better off to just blitz areas or groups of components than do fixes of individual pieces. Hopefully won’t have to revisit the brakes for quite some time now :)