Berry Blast From The Past 2014

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by Grantus, May 4, 2014.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

The weather cleared for a perfect Autumn day, and the event was another great success.

Personally, it was great to catch up with members I seem to only see once or twice a year, and great to put some faces to usernames of others, that I'd not met prior. :)

Now, I didn't remember to pack a camera, so I hope some others did, and can post up some random pics.

Trust we all travelled safely, and arrived home without incident or mechanical hiccup.

Cheers...:)

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

It was great to see you and Carole today, Grant, along with all of the other happy dubbers. I didn't take any photos either and made an early exit so as to avoid the horrible traffic near the airshow at Albion Park. The wind was dreadful all of the way home but I did spot Kai on the M1 as he was heading back to Sydney and we were heading to Newcastle.

3. Grantus

Hey Melissa,

Always a pleasure to get a hug from you, and to have Scott sit in a T3, (to remind him of what he's missing! :p)

The wind heading South was horrid as well, till just past Goulburn, when it finally dropped, and the bus starting cruising in a straight line on it's own again.

The gusts were so bad, that 3 times, I had to fold the side mirrors back to a useful lane changing position, before I gave up, till the wind dropped. :wtf:

However, worth every "rockin" minute, to get to Berry and back again! Fuel consumption was the highest I've seen in a while, because of the wind.

Anyway, back to work tomorrow everyone!:umm:

4. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I too had a great day and was nice to catch up with fellow KC members and partners. Who said it was cold I ended up quite sun burnt :( Poor T3's pushed down in the far corner again however was a good turnout. A highlight was checking out Greg's immaculate T3 Caravelle.

5. Grantus

And you thought I'd be cold in just a T-shirt? :umm:

Agree about Greg's awesome bus....... very tidy! And I'd not had the pleasure of seing a huge factory T3 sunroof up close before. Excellent stuff!

6. Greg N

Greg N Member

I had a great day in Berry, I was surprised that the sun was out and unprepared we managed to get sunburnt as well. It was nice to finally be able to add some faces to names as well. This was the first Blast From The Past I've been able to get to, but I intend to get there again next year now as well. Slowly I think more people are warming to the T3's it will take some time though.

I'm pretty happy with my T3 it's going well, just need to save some coin for some bodywork I'd like to have tidied up in the near future. It was great to check out all the other rides too. Some really nice examples getting around. Ben had the ratty looking T3 and has big plans for it. I can't wait to see what he does to transform it.

I'm sorry I didn't get to farewell everyone before we left, but look forward to catching up with you again at the Nationals and possibly Valla. I was so busy with catching up with people that I forgot to buy some raffle tickets and nominate the Peoples Choice :rolleyes:

7. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Sadly I missed this, All set to go Friday evening then Saturdays bad weather hit meaning all plans of reshaping my garden Saturday had to be pushed to Sunday ready for Bubs 1st Birthday next weekend. My garden looks fantastic however my dose of Dubbisim was sorely missed I am now suffering from withdrawals please somebody have taken photos so I can at least get a small fix. bring on the Nationals.

8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Great day & the last on our return trip from TBS.
    Always nice to catch up with folks from here - still didn't get around everyone though....
    Nath. we had a jar of Melissa's jerky for you :), but when you didn't front Squidy commandeered it & it was never seen again !!

We left around 2pm to miss the Airshow traffic, so apologise to anyone we didn't say goodbye to.
    Sorry, no pics. from us either - too busy gawking,talking,eating or drinking coffee. :eek:

9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

That figures....

Pending some sort of Natural disaster I will be at the Nationals.