Berry Patch 2017 update

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by Onslo, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Onslo

Onslo New Member

A new topic to save scrolling. Attached image spells it out, but for clarity...

This year we have the car exhibition / swap meet from 12 - 5pm and the Volks Feast from 6pm-10pm (you can attend both events or only one).

Volks Feast includes a spit roast, wood fired pizzas, salad table and live music from the amazing Halfway to Forth.
    The cost for admission to the exhibition and swap meet is $5 pp. The cost for Volks Feast is $30pp. If you are exhibiting a car (boxer) and you have it on site by 11am your vehicle entitles you to 1 free pass to the Volks Feast and free entry for all passengers to the exhibition.

You can camp for free, even the night before and after (you can choose not to attend Volks Feast and have an entirely free weekend).

We need bookings for campers and for VolksFeast by phoning 0364283967.

Numbers to Volks Feast are limited so book your tickets early.

Attached Files:

Luckyphil, melissa and StevieVW like this.
  2. TassieDorm

TassieDorm Member

So if we are going to the swap/meet and staying the night we need to book ?
    Or is it just people who aren't taking a kombi who need to book ?
    Same as if we go to the volkfest do we still need to book if we are taking a kombi ? Since we get a free ticket

3. Onslo

Onslo New Member

Hi TassieDorm we are only asking people to ring ahead if they are going to camp or if they wish to come to the VolksFeast. Simply because we need to know how many to cater for and we have a plan for camping spaces. People coming for a look have no need to book.

4. BigRedBusDriver

BigRedBusDriver New Member

Is anyone from the NW meeting up to drive together tomorrow? Last year we met at Burnie Yacht Club and drove over from there and it was great

5. Tasotter

Tasotter New Member

Our first VW run with the Caravelle purchased last week. Probably 50-60? assorted cars, mainly T2's, in a great location. Compared to some other car events we have been to I thought it amazing value. Free entry for boxer engine vehicles plus 1 VW feast ticket per entry. The staff at the Berry Patch worked hard all day, and fed a hoard of people in no time at all. The wood fired pizzas were excellent. The band was enjoyed by all, and even the portaloos were situated amongst a field rhubarb and sweet smelling strawberries. We met some teffic new friends, so a BIG thank you and we'll done to all involved. It was also gratifying to have everyone who looked at our 1990 T3 remark on its time warp condition. Good old Gumtree ..

6. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I have to update the number, there was almost 100 VWs from an semi official count and 15 of those were from the mainland. A great turn out and the smooth running of the whole days was a credit to the organisers and their volunteers. Just keeps getting better and better. The weather definitely helped to bring the crowds.

Photo credit to Facebook as I was too busty to take photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I might add in the top photo there was another 2 rows of Kombis to the right.

Luckyphil likes this.
  7. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

upload_2017-2-27_10-26-31.png the right hand row

Adrian

Luckyphil likes this.
  8. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Too "busty" for spellcheck.

A great Event, just gets better and better.

Mordred likes this.
  9. Onslo

Onslo New Member

A big thank you to all who supported this event and came along displaying there vehicles.

A special thanks to our wonderful staff who did a huge day and some big days preparing. Thanks also to the amazing folk who turned up and volunteered to help. SUPER BIG thanks to Raelene & Paul Irvine, who come down from Victoria every year and work tirelessly (all we have to do is put up with Pauls' pathetic jokes). Andree (Bismarck) and Nicola (the two potatoes) who just don't stop working (more pathetic jokes though), Galp (even more pathetic jokes), wifey Wendy and our boys who are totally knackered, Halfway To Forth for cruisy tunes, the Kombi Keg, Andrews Crepes, Peter Kossler who's idea the event was in the first place and who went to the trouble of bringing his van over and making a presence despite sadly dealing with a family bereavement, and every one who came for a look or helped in any way.

The day was lovely with a fantastic range of vehicles, lots of bays, some gorgeous splits, a scattering of beetles and some oddities, a paucity of Type 3s maybe two? (bring them next year). We gave away 97 boxer bonuses so at least that many cars. The VolksFeast was a great event too with feasters enjoying the tunes from HTF, the beers from Kombi Keg and my favourite activity, the bonfire.

We will announce the date for next years when we secure the band (we have an offer from a ripper band) and checking with clashes of other events. Focus will be the same, affordable, foody and fun. We might try to crank up the swap meet a bit without letting it turn into a monster. Lots of photos on Turners Beach Berry Patch Facebook page.

Thanks Craig and the crew

Luckyphil likes this.
  10. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Thanks Craig and your crew..

I've been to everyone apart from the first in 2013 as I was on the mainland with my bus.

This year would have to be the best for turn out (I counted over 90 plus 15 from the mainland) and for orgization.. People knew what time to turn up and what to expect.

I have seen on FB that a number of kombis on the mainland are penciling this event in for next year... Which would be great.. So as soon as you know a date old let us know asap.

What would be really good is when the show finishes at 5pm and before the dinner starts at 6pm... Is an option for a cruise to Sulfer Creek roundabout and back... It's 20km each way of dual carriageway and wound take 30mins.. This would be a great end to the day show with just the overnight campers returning in time for dinner. Not compulsory of course but I'm sure 75% would take part.

Again many thanks

galp and Grantus like this.
  11. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Any of us mainlanders want to do this one next year, I sure am interested as never been to Tasmania before. I have also never been overseas so 2 for 1 :)

StevieVW, Onslo, Mordred and 2 others like this.
  12. seashell

seashell Member

A brilliant day at The Berry Patch. Lovely people, plenty of unreal buses and lots of great food at the dinner. Also the music from Halfway to Forth was amazing - you guys were brilliant. A big thankyou to Pauline and Alex for fixing our T3 problems!
    A very well organised event - thanks to everyone.