1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blazecut available again

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Mr Beckstar, May 18, 2018.

1. Mr Beckstar

Mr Beckstar Well-Known Member

According to the Blazecut Australia Facebook site, Blazecut can be sold in Australia again.

Quote:
    BLAZECUT IS BACK!

We are excited to let everyone know that BlazeCut is available again in Australia. We thank you for your patience and apologise for the inconvenience in the last few months.

With this exciting news, see our customer story below of a recent fire, where our BlazeCut system was thankfully able to assist.

Get in contact with us!
    www.blazecut.com/contact/

End quote.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2162765350680537&id=1598591607097917

David H, Wayne murray and Ninga like this.
  2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Great !
    ....was only a matter of time.
    Nice testimonial too...first one I've seen involving an actual fire in a kombi and the effectiveness of the blazecut.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mr Beckstar and KahunaKombi like this.
  3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Good to see someone post up about their experience & follow up response from BC ;)

Mr Beckstar likes this.
  4. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I have put in an order for mine today. Much happier to spend the money once I had seen an example of one actually used in anger. Been very interested in a few different types but that seems to be the best option overall. From a sensing area point of view it puts the extinguisher chemicals at the point of greatest heat rather than firing from one position when the sensor in the unit reaches trigger temp like the ball type seems to. Also you don't have the extra bottle to mount somewhere as in a number of other tube systems.

The only down side i can see is if there is enough heat or an electrical arcing problem to allow re-ignition of the fire and the chemical has dispersed you might be back in trouble. Battery in the engine bay means an isolator is hard to fit to be effective.

Adrian

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Agree that a real world 'test' is good evidence.
    A number of scenarios may exist in actual fires but my take is that most people have disabled external intake for airbox so the chemical will also stop the engine.
    So a stock fuel pump will stop and presence of chemical should cover for most residual fuel in engine bay lines.
    A tachometric relay and stop cock should be fitted with electric pumps as a matter of course.

Fuel igniting under a vehicle will be a problem.

The thing I like is the early warning of fire plus initial suppression.
    Gives time to get out with hand fire extinguisher if needed.

Other like is for an easy install on a pretty effective solution.

Not all scenarios are covered but its a damn good start after ensuring fuel lines and carb spigots are sound.

Mr Beckstar and Wayne murray like this.
  6. Mordred

Yes, that was my thinking. An improvement on early detection and slowing if not stopping the fire, gaining valuable time to work on additional measures if needed.

Adrian

Mr Beckstar and cbus like this.
  7. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be without my blazecut & back up red extinguisher:D. If they don't work I'm calling Shannons:(! Had 2 Kombi engine fires (different vehicles). Not going the trifecta:p.
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads...-for-all-kombi-owners.1857/page-5#post-624749
    For those who don't do Facebook. Watch this:p.
    www.deering.com.au/product/blazecut-3m-auto-fire-suppression-system/
    Like I've said before;). There will come a time 'when it's recognised what these do' that it'll be difficult to get insurance without them in a Kombi;).
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/76-sopru-resto.54261/page-11 post 214
    Cheers

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  8. Mordred

After a little mix up with the delivery, the Blazecut turned up yesterday. Very happy with the service from Deering Autronics in Perth. I ended up with a 4m one as the smaller ones weren't in stock but got a very good price so all good. I have a 74 with the engine hatch, and it was cold (under 10 degrees) in the garage, and I did have some issues with getting it to bend at all from the shape in the package as at that temperature it is very stiff. The extra length is a lot to lose in the space available. I reckon when the weather warms a bit I might have some luck rerouting it. Regardless it did have to pass into the top hatch area, but there is more than enough room to work around it. Radius of the bends would have been down to 150mm (around 300 mm across the whole bend) at the tightest, but i suspect you could cut that down to 100mm once it has a bit of warmth in it.

Adrian

David H and MAP77 like this.