Blue Mountains Syncro Adventure

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Syncro27, Jun 9, 2013.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

40 L :rolleyes::D

wenmac likes this.
  2. Bladesy

Bladesy Member

Haha smarty pants.

I'll re phrase it then. How long does 40l last you

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

try again :D

that's a still a rather undefined question.
    beer, spirits, food, how many people /free loaders?

my 35 lasts a weekend and is often 1/2 full of food when I get home because we have eaten at markets/whatever and only consumed the drinks when camped

Bladesy likes this.
  4. polarbus93

polarbus93 Member

Some great pics offroading if i knew about this i would of met up with you in the tiguan ... one day ill have another kombi or transporter

5. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

The trailer that I tow is as follows:

[​IMG]

It has changed colour and now is blue, has a slot to hold the OzTent and contains fridge and battery.

[​IMG]

I towed it with the '82 camper and now the '89 Syncro. As far as weight is concerned it would be about 500 to 600 Kg I would think. Maybe even a bit more when I gather wood and throw it on top on the way in to a campsite. A boat, depending on weight, should not be an issue.

So far I have not had any issue with towing the trailer and believe me it has been many ks. The trailer did fail but that was a build issue not a towing issue. I had bearings that the builder forgot to fit the correct seals. Since that instance I have covered probably 150,000 ks without issues.

The fridge is enough for us to camp for 3 or 4 days. I don't drink too much beer but prefer red wine or whiskey. I do make the ice for the whiskey and esky in the freezer part of the fridge. Note we also have an esky (cooler) in which we keep food items that need to be kept cool. Only experimenting can lead to how you set up for camping and do it for extended periods. The longest we have camped without getting extra supplies was 8 days.

Ian

6. Bladesy

Bladesy Member

Thanks Ian. Heaps of good information there to take on board.