1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BNE] Someone to come 'n help me squiz at a Kombi

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by leightk, Aug 17, 2009.

1. leightk

leightk New Member

Hey guys,

Pretty keen to grab the 78 Camper that's been in the for sale section for a while... though I don't have much, okay no idea when it comes to checking over a kombi. So I was just wondering if one of you experienced folk would mind coming along with me on Sunday to check out this beast - around Holland Parkish area.

http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=21188

Anyway let us know if you're available to help a fellow out.
    Thanks guys :]

- leighton

2. vinny

vinny Active Member

mate that looks like a great kombi with a very straight body and minimal rust, although i think you would be fine im sure there will be someone here willing to come with you....(i'd go but i dont know too much about buying,) but this looks like a fair price, nice colour and has a great camper setup,.....Go for it!:)

3. leightk

leightk New Member

... someone told me that the 78s break down a fair bit. Though maybe it was because he was trying to sell me his kombi when I showed him this :p

Any takers?

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Dont think its just the 78s, they all break down the same mate.TLC is what they all require.

5. leightk

leightk New Member

Haha righteo...

So I have a question, if I wanted to get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing - how would I go about that? Structurally and engine wise? Not too cluey on the whole engine side of things unfortunatly. Thanks guys :]