1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brakes on

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by islandman, Nov 14, 2018.

1. islandman

islandman Member

hi guys my bus was sitting for quite some time I am just trying to get her moving again issue is it rolls backwards fine but drive forwards and it is like the brakes are on! I have changed front pads flushed and bled the brakes they feel good just drives like brakes are on can any one shed some light as to where I should start to investigate ? 75 bay window front disc rear drums

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Jack up each wheel in turn and attempt to turn wheel.
    Might isolate a particular wheel?

Syncro27 likes this.
  3. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Have you got your rear brakes adjusted correctly as if you haven't backed them off enough after adjustment they can be still slightly on. After you have driven the car if the brakes feel very hot to touch good chance they are still on.
    As mentioned above comments x two it gives you an idea of which wheel it might be.

4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

As abovex3. Start with rear wheels. Sounds like leading edge of rear shoes biting. If above check shows rear is the problem, do as Wayne suggests. If that doesn't change it pull the drums off & check the rear brake shoes & where they're wearing (love English sometimes;)).
    Cheers

5. grumble

grumble Active Member

Possibly a seized piston in the rear wheel cylinder or blocked hose.

6. Pisces

Pisces New Member

Try staring it in first gear