1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brisbane cruise to 2nd KC Qld/Northern NSW meeting - 29 April 2007

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by kyznet, Apr 3, 2007.

1. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Hi All,

A few people are interested in a cruise from Brisbane down to the second meeting of QLD and Northern NSW KC-ers at Currumbin.

Meeting is scheduled for 9.30am at Winders Park, Duringan St, Curumbin.

All Sunny Coasters are more than welcome to join the Brisbane convoy.

We are planning to meet for an early morning coffee so Spinner can cope, but have not decided on a location for that yet. All suggestions are gratefully received.

Hope to see a few of you then. :)

2. jae

jae New Member

Count me in. Not too sure about meeting locations though. Just needs decent parking i guess. Maybe somewhere on the southside so we wont have to worry about getting the convoy through the city/expressway in one piece.

3. Gerard

Gerard Member

I'll be there for sure. Let me know where you decide to have a coffee

4. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Look at all of us Ashgrovians - who knew?! Nice to see we're all keen.

As we have only lived her for 3 years, I'm not that familiar with that southside, so can I ask you guys to come up with some suggestions?

The only place that I know of on the southside that's obvious for everyone to find is near the old Ikea building (on the left hand side of the motorway, I think you take the Springwood exit). There is a Coffee Club just in there which could be good?

5. jae

jae New Member

Yeah Gerard lives 6 houses up the road from me. Small world. The Coffee Club next to the old Ikea sounds pretty good for me. We're sure to have plenty of parking there. Any ideas what time they would open on a Sunday? I'd assume they'd do breakfasts on weekends so that might not be an issue. Any ideas for meeting times?

6. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

What a small world. Too funny.

Just rang the CC at Springwood and they open at 7.00am on Sundays. Their address is Loganwood Shopping Centre, Cnr Springwood Rd & Cinderella Drive at Springwood, and there's plenty of parking.

Do people want to just do coffee or breakfast as well? I guess if we want to do breakfast it would be half way sensible to book a table (or six depending on how many people come).

Would it take an hour to get to Currumbin or more? Just thinking what time we'd have to leave there to get down to Currumbin on time.

7. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Hi Kyra,We'd love to meet up with you guys always need a java or 2 that time of the morning! We'll be coming off the gateway so old ikea area is good for us.Keep us posted about times.Toni:)

8. kanaka

kanaka Member

This is fantastic I will be there with bells on Old IKEA is a good spot to meet what time keep me posted and if anyone is without kombi that weekend that is on my way from paddington I am happy to take passengers just let me know

9. jae

jae New Member

I think it will probably take a little over an hour to get to Currumbin. I know my Kombi dosn't like to be rushed, and we don't want to lose anyone on the way.

10. Spinner

Spinner New Member

Old Ikea is great as there is nothing in the car park at the moment. we can all line up for an impressive display then go across the road for the COFFFFEEEEE !!! If any of us are bringing kids they will probably need something as i know my ganets dont last too long without food. Maybe i sould pack a cut lunch to keep the worms at bay.... I'll go with the concensus about food, as long as there is coffee :) then life is good...

11. jae

jae New Member

Shall we make it old Ikea carpark 7:00am Sunday 29th? Then over to the Coffee Club for coffee and or brekkie.

12. hoops

hoops New Member

Missed Canberra.

Hi QLD KC members, I had to give my canberra camp site away due to work committments but would love to join you in a convoy to currumbin with my gal (Jonna). I am not on the KC site all that often however, I have placed the date in my phone and will see you there at the old IKEA at 7.00 am with my sexy splitty (yes she is sexy to me even with her rust lol).

If you need to contact me directly please email hoops@lizzy.com.au cos as much as I love my Kombi - I hate going on the net.

Hoops
    Chris

13. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Hokey cokey - as Jae says - 7.00am at the old IKEA car park. How exciting!

Lola is in the finishing stages of her "surgery" and has a lovely new set of heads, a ridiculously clean (and rust proofed no less) engine, so just needs the battery and the filters changed, and then hopefully she'll be OK for her first cruise. Don't think husband will have her sexy new window put in by then, so will have to leave the 3 ferals in the car to guard her, as she's unsecure with her current LH window. :)

If people want to PM me their mobile numbers and how many are confirmed, I'll make a booking at the Coffee Club just in case there's a rush (which I think is quite a way off happening since IKEA have moved, but it wouldn't do to muck up our fantastic day in any way). I'll only call you if something goes wrong, so assume that everything's wonderful.

Looking forward to meeting you all face to face! :)

14. Spinner

Spinner New Member

I'm in folks. And wait for - WITH the kombi!!!! yes the mechanic has finally finished him although the auto trimmer is still holding me up. Apparently a problem getting the foam to redo the front seats.

I was told on Thursday it would be ready on Friday. Friday I was told Monday. I tell you, it had better be today!!!

Will probably have one ferel with me as that is all i can fit in. will PM you kyznet.

Whoo Hoo what an exciting day!!!

15. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Excellent news Spinner - I just hope Lola's surgery is all finished by then. How embarassing would that be turning up in a LandCruiser?!

Am sure lots of good karma that I've kept in my back pocket for ages now will finally come out and everything will be OK!

16. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Fantastic to see so many Brisbane members coming down for the meeting, Judy (byronbug) and I will have our own little convoy, there's only the two of us from this area!
    Look forward to meeting you all.
    Hope you get your bus today Spinner, post some pics for us......Lorraine

17. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

I may be in the area

I may be somewhere in the great outdoors in your neck of the woods. I will check into KC if I have network etc. I should be in northern NSW somewhere or even in sthn QLD not sure yet. Maybe I could catch up with you.

Regards,
    Cammo.

18. Kombiklown

Kombiklown Member

Hey cammokombi,

it would be great if you could join us!

I know you caught up with a few of the crew in Canberra but in case you don't have anyone's contact details in this part of the world i'll pm you my mobile number if you're in the area. just call and i can give you directions.

cheers,

Allan

19. dreadedjack

dreadedjack New Member

Would love to meet you all

Hi Guys,

Nina and I and of course Gwen would love to meet you all so count us in!!

See ya at Ikea!!!!

20. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Country capital

Im in Tamworth and heading north