1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BROKEN DOWN BRISBANE VALLEY!!!

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Dapom, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Hey all :)
    My 83 ac bus has broken down on brisbane valley hway near warrego. Catches but won't restart.....there anyone around here who maybe able to help?!?
    Thanks in advance!

2. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Fuel

Fuel pump

Wires to dizzy

3. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Checked
    Checked
    Checked lol
    When turning over it just catches but won't keep running regardless of throttle position.
    However, when cranking with throttle open something makes a clicking noise at same rate as engine turns over around cyl 1.....possibly the injector....?
    Tow is on it's way now :(

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

check your plug/lead is connected to the Air flow meter

have you tried a continuous spray of aerostart to keep it running[assuming 2 people]

5. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Plug to afm is all good. Haven't got any start ya bastard or such like. Will just wait for tow now and fix it at home. Thanks all :)

6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hate to say it….but this is where NRMA Premium ( in NSW) is worth its weight in gold…..

7. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Yeah I sure lol I worked on the theory of getting it when I needed it.....will get it sorted...tow wasn't too bad...40 k's home for just under $200. Small price to pay to be back on the couch....racking my brain on where to start with this fix. Got a horrible suspicion that a compression test will be first :(

8. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

And now the worst thing has happened....the tow could only drop it on the road facing the wrong way so I thought 'I'll just see if it starts to get it on the drive and safe'....started up fine and drove onto the drive :-/ gotta love an intermittent fault grrrr

9. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Fuel filter, full of crap ??

10. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

To check fuel flow I undid the clamp engine side of filter and pump and still smell of petrol now so was getting some fuel through. Might be worth switching it though has only been in there about 7000k's. From the noises being made in engine bay when trying to start it by the road, I'm gonna have a good look at #1 injector as it was clicking constantly when cranking and throttle was opened whilst all the others were quiet. Or does that mean only 1 was working?!? The more I think the more questions I have lol

11. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Electrics most likely - coil, condenser and HT lead from coil to distributor that can break down under load when hot. The injectors are triggered by the ignition pulse so no or poor ignition then no or poor injection. Until it all cools down and magically resets. A run down battery can do the same - enough energy to crank but not enough to feed and fire.

12. peter1000

peter1000 Active Member

Coils have a habit of failing when they get hot and on the way out,,
    Cheers Peter