1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Hill and Beyond Trip

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by cammokombi, Jun 2, 2008.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

The Cammokombi makes it back from another adventure unscarred! The great outback desert the otherside of Broken Hill is an awsome place. Particularly the Mundi Mundi Plains. This time we went to Whitecliffs opal fields for a look see. Didn't find any opals but had a good time at the pub. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    For Mad Max Fans - Silverton Pub.
    [​IMG]
    Outback Oz - Paradise!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  2. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Some more pics in the outback

[​IMG]
    An artist with a bug...

[​IMG]
    I drove along what is left of the Silverton Railway then up onto the Old Station.
    [​IMG]
    Cammo delivers an RFDS nurse to the flying doctor base.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  3. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Some good shots there, Geoff. Good to hear that Cammokombi made it back home without a hitch. Always a good thing after a trip.

Julian.

4. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Great shots but where's the trailer.

5. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Good to see some more k's under the (drive) belt of the Cammo Kombi!
    Rich

6. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Re the trailer

I made an executive decision and I left the trailer behind for this trip. Boy, were we loaded up inside! Ha! The kombi was a hell of a lot lighter though. I didnt know that my kombi could get up to those speeds ha ha! I did the Ivanhoe road which is a dry track only road and has the odd drop down and large pot hole full of bulldust, the corrugations were not too bad this time. The kombi did well! The trailer sure is handy but the wieght of it increases petrol consumption a lot. These days with the cost of petrol going up and up and up You have to do what you can to save, so leaving the trailer off this time was part of that strategy. Just for the trivia buffs and future Broken Hill region adventurers, the most I paid for unleaded was $1.84 p/l.
    Regards,
    Cammo.