1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Rear Seat Help

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Kombi Kapers, May 25, 2010.

1. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Need help here from late bay bus owners -

My bus rear seat-back folds forward, presumably to extend the "boot" space if needed. On the drivers side of the seat-back is a flat plate hook which hooks over a bolt mounted on the rear side panel which secures the seat-back in its upright position. I have 2 problems with this -

1. the latch won't catch on the bolt properly so the seat-back is moving and rattling; and
    2. there is also a hook on the passenger side of the seat-back but no corresponding bolt. Should there be a set there too?

I'm interested in buying replacements if the kombi is supposed to have them but I haven't been able to find any reference on the web to these hook and bolts, including the Bus Stop. Roy, any knowledge here?

So, I would really appreciate if you bus owners could check your rear seats and report back what you have in your kombis. Or if you happpen to know the answer that would be good too!

Thanks,...John

Update - Found info on the Samba forum. There is a hook and latch only on the driver's side. Now all I have to do is find a good replacement set...

Last edited: May 26, 2010