1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2011 Convoy Details - QLD /NSW

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Mar 7, 2011.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

We need to kick this off & start to plan our Bus Stop Convoy to Narooma, as Easter is coming up quickly & booking sites at places may be a problem if we leave this to the last minute.
    I realize not many of you from Qld are making the trek down this year, but we need to know who is coming in the convoy, to plan this...

So far here is the plan for the Qld/NSW Convoy down....
    Its only a few details but now you can start to plan...
    We will be adding info as we plan this, so please keep checking this thread for updates.....

We leave WEDNESDAY 20th April...
    Time & meeting place will be posted up soon...
    CHANGE OF PLANS ALREADY
    Wednesday night now staying at Breakwall Tourist Park
    1 Munster St Port Macquarie NSW
    Ph: 02 65832755.

If you are coming you have to ring the park & organize your own site....

Judy & Mick.....p/site
    Lorraine & Andy.......p/site

THURSDAY 21st April
    meeting with the NSW convoy at TuggerahTwin Service Stations
    (Located on the F3 Freeway that links Sydney to Newcastle)
    Time: 10.30 am

Thursday night staying at Werri Beach Holiday Park
    Pacific Ave, Gerringong
    Ph: 02 42341285
    If you are coming please ring the park & organize your own site....
    If you cannot book into the park please find other accomodation arrangements as close as you can to us.

Judy & Mick .....p/site
    Lorraine & Andy......p/site
    Melissa & Scott & Family.....p/site

RETURN TRIP:
    Anyone wishing to do the return trip home with us, you are welcome to travel with us,
    Please call the parks below to organize your own site....
    Also please bear in mind the the Nimbin Mardi Gras is the following weekend.

EASTER MONDAY 25th APRIL
    Belmont Pines Lakeside Holiday Park
    Belmont South
    24 Paley Cres Belmont South
    Ph:02 49454750
    Judy & Mick .... p/site
    Lorraine & Andy ....p/site

TUESDAY 26th APRIL
    Horseshoe Bay Beach Caravan Park
    South West Rocks
    PH: 02 65666370
    Judy & Mick .......p/site
    Lorraine & Andy .....p/site

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Judy - we need to look at somewhere to stay Thursday night. Its about 4 hours from Crescent Head to Tuggerah (Twin servos) so we could look at somewhere a few hours south of Sydney to stay the night. Any suggestions?

3. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Kiama, Gerringong or Berry are 2 ish hours south of Sydney.

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Just was researching that area too Jon :)
    Any good carravan parks around that area?....

5. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

7. melissa

It's 5 - 6 hours from the Twin Servos to Werri Beach. If you were to meet us at the Twin Servos at 12.00, we wouldn't get to Werri Beach until dark as daylight savings finishes on the 3/4/11.

Its only about 3 hours from the Twin Servos to Coledale (the place we stayed last time on our trip south)... that would be good timing but not too sure we would get the Thursday night. Its then less than 5 hours drive from Coledale to Narooma the next day (Friday).

We will join you at the Twin Servos.

8. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

I can normally do Tuggerah to Werri Beach ( where I live) in 4 - 4 1/2 hours depending on traffic in OSI. Quite a bit less in Wanda The Wedge.If it takes you 3 hours from Coledale to here, I'd be very surprised, more like 50 minutes.
    If it was 6 hours I'd never venture up to the Central Coast. :)

9. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa,

If you take toll roads to circumnavigate Sydney's horrible roads and traffic (i.e. F3, M2, M7 and Hume Highway to Wilton, then turn East {left} onto Picton Road to Mount Ousley Rd), from Tuggerah to Werri Beach would only be 3 hours for normal vehicle driving, so if you allow 4 hours for a Kombi motorcade that should do it.
    It's false economy to go through the middle of Sydney to avoid tolls because you are saving an hour's driving time and constant highway miles (so way less fuel used), rather than stop start traffic and losing convey members at red lights etc.
    Also, I would recommend traveling an extra 15 mins past Gerringong (Werri) to Gerroa Caravan and Holiday Park for your overnight stay.
    Just my 2 cents worth, but I have lived in Sydney and Wollongong most of my life and drive a 1000 kms a week all over NSW for my work...

Depends whether you want the slow, scenic route or the fast, less tiring route!?! Good luck, what ever you decide ;)

10. melissa

I was allowing for driving in my 1200 split (Judy are you bringing Mercy?) through Sydney traffic on the Thursday afternoon of the Easter Long Weekend - much better to allow for these things than find ourselves way behind - this is not our first convoy... and I dont mind the toll roads.

Anyone who drives anywhere near Sydney knows what its like driving past Campelltown in the afternoon....

11. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I prefer toll roads just to keep us all together. Us country bumpkins will need notice so we can arrange to pay before we leave.

12. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Toll roads dont allow cash anymore Lorraine.

Go onto the Roam website and pre pay the tolls via a credit card or bank transfer, OR, just drive the through the toll and pay the toll when you get home.

13. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

Lynda and I and Mark and Sue are planning to leave Newey on Thursday am and drive through to Narooma ( with Kombi breaks ) Eastern distributer pay the e tolls easy peasy !
    I will follow this thread in the lead up to Bus Stop
    cheers

14. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I probably should have been a bit clearer:umm: I know cash is no longer an option and want to pay beforehand, you only get a few days to pay or cop a fee if you go over that time so would like to do it before we go if possible.

Thanks Judy for organising this and booking Andy and I into the caravan park. A swag in the back of Monty should be an interesting couples of nights :lol:

15. Royce

Royce Active Member

C'mon Melissa, I have followed yu from Taree to Valla (I think) and my splitty could only just keep up with yu and that red flyer! :lol:

RB

16. melissa

Royce!! LOL .... are you saying I drive fast???? She does 80 and thats it!

17. Royce

Royce Active Member

80 my bum! I was chuggin at nearly 100 klicks to keep up. I think yur speedo needs recalibrating young lady...LOL

18. melissa

I didnt know it was all downhill to Valla ;)

LOL

19. melissa

Anyone else thinking of heading South to Narooma? Are there any Sydneysiders coming who might be thinking of leaving early Friday morning and meeting us at Werri Beach and convoying with us?

20. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Yes Mel 2 more kombis for the convoy Dave and I will meet you guys at Werri Beach Friday morning :cool: