1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2011 - The Details

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by melissa, Apr 22, 2010.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The announcement at Mount Gambier was for Batemans Bay but after extensive enquiries I was unable to come up with a place that ticked the most important boxes. One main thing that came into play was PRICE. I refuse to expect members to pay $75 per night for a powered site with a minimum of 4 nights - that is just too expensive I am sorry to say (and you can say I am tight if you want but I dont stay on a powered site - I use cabins!)

So after much consideration the venue is NAROOMA. I found this lovely park called Island View Beach Resort. Their website is www.islandview.com.au and the phone number is 1800 465 432. They have lots of room, are right on the beach and a big choice of accomodation. The only things they dont have are a function room - we will go to the golf club (or similar) like this year and they dont have a jumping pillow but they do have trampolines built into the ground so the kids can still jump around till they are sick. One good thing is their powered sites are less than $50 per night . Another thing I thought was interesting about this park is they have some Olympic Cabins that take a min of 12 and maximum of 18 people. If some of you want to bunk in together as families or friends, this might be a good option. When you do call to book - make sure you tell them you are with the Kombi Club so we can be put together.

Narooma is 70kms south of Batemans Bay so it wasn't that far away from the original location and I hope everyone understands how hard it is to find a park with enough room for us all - some were disappointed they could not fit us in as they were quite happy to take us, they just did not have enough sites.

Now we come to the theme for our fun night....

It will be fancy dress in anything starting with the letters K or C. So get your thinking caps on and make it special.

So start planning your holidays for next year - Easter is:
    Good Friday 22nd April 2011 to Easter Monday 25th April 2011. You will notice this is Anzac Day - so far SA and VIC get an extra public holiday on Tuesday 26th April so you might want to keep that in mind.

2. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Sensational.

A big thankyou to Melissa who I know has spent hours on the telephone and interweb making sure we have the best caravan park possible!

3. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

It looks and sounds wonderful Melissa! (I am especially intrigued my nearby Montague Island, sounds like a place Alice and I will have to visit.) Well done on another great choice. :)

Of course, Alice and I will be there - we have just 364 days left to pack the kombi! ;)

4. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Thankyou very much for your efforts Mellissa I am yet to attend a Bus stop but 2011 is it :)

Narooma is a beautifull spot. I travel through there often for work. I will be booking my spot this week :D

Now which Kombi will I take :rolleyes:

Bernie

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes a BIG thank you :heart:

I know how hard it was for you to find the perfect place for us .

A lot of my childhood holidays were spent at Narooma, beautiful place :D

6. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Sounds fantastic, thanks Melissa.
    Circumstances have kept me from the last two Bus Stops, I'll have to be at the next one.

7. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Awesome,

love that part of the country, even better, as long as we come together, I think that Kate and I (Chris) should be fine for the dress ups!!!

8. Choco

Choco Member

we will be there with or without the kombi :) now to think of costumes :)

9. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Melissa,
    Narooma is a top place and a great result for Bus stop 2011. Thanks for all your hard work to get this organised for the club. Looking forward to seeing a lot of old and new friends there.

Cheeers,...John

Now for the costume ....Knickerbockers?....Carrot?......Kookaburra?.....Camel?.....hmmm...

10. greenbay

greenbay New Member

k or c ,hmmmm let me think:umm: .i know ........ i have a clown suit somewhere:eek:

11. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

You'll have to get Neen to let it out for you from what I hear! :lol:

12. melissa

Clown suits are so yesterday ;)

13. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Narooma is so beautiful, I've quite a few holidays there.

Couldnt have picked a better place.

14. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

What about "Cameltoe" ? :p :D

15. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Thanks Melissa!!!!!!

16. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

Awesome.....Hmmmmmm Kramer the Crossdresser.....:lol: :lol:

17. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Im booked in :)

Better get working on the camper or Ill be sleeping on the grass :(

18. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

I so love Narooma! :) I would love to bring the boat down. But as my lovely wife does not share the Kombi love, I can't see how I could get away with holidaying on my own at Easter. Still I have a year to work something out, I guess... :umm:

Baz

19. melissa

Baz! You have to get your wife to come along. Its not that far and she does not have to love kombis to be with us - show her the photos from the Saturday night at Mt Gambier - nothing kombi about that night!! ;)

20. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

We booked a cabin ...count us in!!...YAY :)